Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how can I get a CNG filling station in my area?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: how can I get a CNG filling station in my area?

I'm jumping in on this thread as well... as a fellow Hollander (nice to meet you dyno, maybe I'll see you at a pump ) I am thinking about putting in a home fill station as well.

Some websites of manufacturers that make homefill stations would be awesome!

I appreciate all the help guys, and thanks dyno for posting this thread

Comment

BTW, I see the pacific pride in Grand Rapids has a fill station... I wonder if the one here in Holland (off of Chicago Drv) has one and it's just not listed?

My car is actually parked in that parking lot right now lol... We tried to make it through the storm and water killed it! had to tow it there till I can get it looked at

Maybe I'll take a look tomorrow...

Comment

Check out http://www.fuelmaker.com/Products/Na...esidential.htm
        If either of you Hollanders has a business, you could put in a Fuelmaker fueling station at your business for your "fleet", take the infrastructure tax credit and get the $.50 per GGE tax rebate.
        You might also want to contact the Lansing Area Clean Cities Coalition http://www.michigancleancities.org/ and see if anyone has anything in the works or just to join up.
        Last edited by cnghal; 06-09-2008, 08:26 AM. Reason: CC addition
        Your Friendly Nazi Squirrel Administrator

Comment

Reefer the only stations I can find are GR and Muskegon....I wonder if you could somehow start a alternative fuel coop......sell cng and biodeisel, e85, at a lower cost becouse its the right thing to do.....???
          Last edited by dyno; 06-09-2008, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Another idea you could consider is having MOBILE cng in a trailer. See Tulsa Gas Tech website at:
            http://www.tulsagastech.com/trailer.htm
            which has either 20 or 40 bottle option. I think DOT tanks are 6 gge each, so you would have either 120 gge or 240 gge on the trailer.

Might make sense if several of you go together and buy the trailer and then periodically drive the 30 miles to fill up the trailer.

Tulsa Gas Tech also has a Fuelmaker fmq8-36 for $16,000 with is great unit for small fleet, especially if you had some storage like the trailer.

Good luck and let us know what you end up doing.

cngacrossusa (CNG - - cleanest fuel on the planet, except for solar & wind)

Comment

Think used equipment. Norwalk compressors can usually bought as a relative bargain, but you need to be careful with oil carry over. Used dispensers abound and card reader. Or cheaper would be a Micro Motion and a 5 way valve. and the honor system. This is fine for a non public station. you sell to the public and its weights and measures compliant. If you are going to fill all your vehicles at one location over a period of time Time fill is the key word. One of my friends has a fleet of 11 vehicles that he fills over night at his business it cost him about $1.50 a gge that includes electricity, depreciation and maintenance. He is planing an adding a small amount of ground storage for emergency quick filling.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBundo View Post
                Maybe find out if any private or gov't fleet is using CNG, and try to get them to open to the public. It's not like there will be an overcrowding problem for them. Here in my area, you can buy from a garbage company, a UPS place, a city, a utility, an airport where cabs & buses fill, a school district, etc.
                Here in MO, a private individual can't purchase from the local utility or any of the private fleet pumps as the local utility 'public' pump requires a Fuelman card which private individuals can't obtain. How was it worked out for fleet CNG pumps to be opened up to the public with payment and liability issues?

Comment

Hey 636Karl,

Where in Missouri is there a private cng refueling point that accepts Fuelman as payment??

For cross-country trip for purchase of dedicated cng Honda Civic GX (ie from NY to OK), I went ahead and got Fuelman cards by applying as a small business. Was no problem, really.

Please post any locations at all that I can get fuel in MO as only ones I know of are terrible pump in St Louis (LaClede) and the Springfield, MO pump (Bowgen) which is $15 fixed price and you need to call ahead.

Thanks . . . cngacrossusa

Comment

Originally posted by cngacrossusa View Post
                    Hey 636Karl,

Where in Missouri is there a private cng refueling point that accepts Fuelman as payment??

For cross-country trip for purchase of dedicated cng Honda Civic GX (ie from NY to OK), I went ahead and got Fuelman cards by applying as a small business. Was no problem, really.

Please post any locations at all that I can get fuel in MO as only ones I know of are terrible pump in St Louis (LaClede) and the Springfield, MO pump (Bowgen) which is $15 fixed price and you need to call ahead.

Thanks . . . cngacrossusa
                    It's the Laclede pump in Shrewsbury (St. Louis). I've been told that Fuelman no longer honors individual accounts, although earlier I was told they were supposed to for CNG use. I've been trying to get a card for about 1.5 months now and am now looking at reapplying as a small business which I am in the process of starting up.

The Laclede pump used to be at a nearby public filling station, but due to low use was moved a few years ago to Laclede's property and now requires Fuelman to use. Hours are also limited.

Comment

I was going to travel to Grand Rapids from my home in Cadillac. I called the Pacific Pride station in Grand Rapids to see if their CNG station was operational. They told me that they no longer owned it and had sold it to DTE energy (Michcon) in Detroit. Called DTE and they confirmed that they own all the public CNG stations in the state. Some are on their own property, others (such as Grand Rapids) are on property leased from other full stations. I have talked to this guy before and last winter he told me that DTE wasn't sure what they were going to do with their alternative fuel program. Today he told me that they were going to stick with it and expand their presence in other parts of the state. If you want to push for a fueling station, now is the time to get one sited in your area. Your best bet would be to try to get local government and business to commit to purchase some CNG vehicles (trucks, busses, etc.) if DTE would provide a fueling station in your area. I would forget state government at this time and go with local government dealing directly with DTE. BTW, DTE fuel pricing is $1.95 at all locations

Comment

Anyone in the aera where Piedmont Gas operates can expect 100% coorperation in your CNG needs. Last year I did a research effort for our CEO and CFO about CNG vs. our existing courier fleet. The local Piedmont Gas CNG Guru, Rusty Aldredge, was very helpful and at that time told me the new Piedmont HQ would have a CNG filling station. Sure enough, they have one now and it is active. $1.65 per gge and a fast filling 3600 psi system. I believe that Piedmont Gas has seen the light -- unlike some other public and private utilities who are clueless -- and will continue to push the CNG alternative. Piedmont has a lot of CNG vehicles, both sedans and trucks, on the road today. If you have Piedmont Gas as a utility provider in your area I would urge you to call and talk to them about the Nashville experience. I have no connection to Piedmont other than to fill my 1992 Pathfinder. They have a credit card reader at the pumps and will also give you an entry card for the area after business hours.

Comment

Working...
                        X