New Kansas City, KS pump by Questar and another planned for Garden City, KS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Kansas City, KS pump by Questar and another planned for Garden City, KS

Kansas finally getting some new public cng pumps.

Questar has installed pump in Kansas City, KS which is up and running. However, it is NOT listed on CNGprices.com just yet.

Sparq will be installing a public cng pump in Garden City, KS with opening during 2015.

See details below.

Originally posted by NGTNews 9.26.2014
    Questar Fueling has opened a public-access compressed natural gas (CNG) station in Kansas City, Kan., that will serve the full range of natural gas vehicles, from passenger cars to Class 8 trucks.

The facility, located at 6580 Kansas Ave, Kansas City, KS 66111 offers six high-speed fueling lanes for CNG-powered trucks traveling along I-70, and it is also convenient for NGVs running on I-35. The retail price of CNG at the station is about $2.00/GGE.

"Kansas City is a key location along an important transportation corridor where we can support our trucking fleet customers who transport using compressed natural gas-powered vehicles," says Ron Jibson, chairman, president and CEO of parent company Questar Corp.

Questar Fueling recently opened its first CNG station in Kansas, in Topeka.

http://www.ngtnews.com/e107_plugins/...?content.10094

Originally posted by NGTNews 10.8.2014
    U Pump It, Sparq Natural Gas, and Black Hills Energy are partnering to bring compressed natural gas (CNG) refueling capacity to an existing U Pump It truck stop in Garden City, Kan.

Sparq will build and operate the CNG infrastructure, and it has initiated the permitting, site construction and equipment purchase order for the station. The facility, located at 156 N. Campus, Garden City, KS 67846 at the corner of Business 50/E. Fulton St. and Campus Dr., will be designed to accommodate all classes of natural gas vehicles, including heavy-duty trucks.

Black Hills Energy is the utility operating the local natural gas distribution network, which will deliver gas to the station site at approximately 160 psi/100 Mcfh. Sparq says the station will feature ANGI CNG equipment and a 250 hp compressor from Ariel, with sizing on the compressor skid available for added redundancy. Two dual-hose CNG dispensers will be installed.

CNG facility will be the first of its kind in Garden City and the second in the region. The first was Sparq's cng station in Liberal, KS.

Sparq expects the Garden City, KS station to be operational in the second quarter of 2015.

http://www.ngtnews.com/e107_plugins/...?content.10124

Re: New Kansas City, KS pump by Questar and another planned for Garden City, KS

Are you able to scout out whether 866-809-4869 Clean Energy 5300 Municipal Ave Kansas City, MO is operational? Another planned station is listed for World Fuel Services 401 Kindelberger Rd Kansas City, KS in your same area.

http://www.afdc.energy.gov/fuels/nat...locations.html

Comment

Re: New Kansas City, KS pump by Questar and another planned for Garden City, KS

Next time I'm in KC, I'll venture across the border to Missouri side of KC and find those 2 stations.

It's like the most rewarding "scavenger hunt" when I go to new area as I seek out any and all public cng pumps and try out the cng pump !! :-)

Maybe by next summer I'll have reason to take trip to KC.

Comment

Boots on the ground report a public CNG station is operational in Kingman Kansas. Card reader is being hooked up for credit cards. Cngchat is the only place you will find it mentioned as of now.

Comment

• KSneedsCNG
          KSneedsCNG commented
          Editing a comment
          That's awesome news 300MileClub!!! That's close enough to me that I could try it out within the next couple months.

Any ADDRESS or CONTACT INFORMATION that you could pass on to CNGchat webmaster so he could add to CNGprices.com???
      Working...
      X