LNG/CNG station in North Platte, Nebraska

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LNG/CNG station in North Platte, Nebraska

I spoke with Dave at Clean Energy today, he told me that the LNG station in North Platte at the Flying J truck stop is ready to open, but they're waiting on getting enough contracts with fuel buyers to keep it open. That should happen soon. CNG will be produced from LNG for now. That usually means it's not cheap, but anything to get from Lincoln to Cheyenne will help.

Re: LNG/CNG station in North Platte, Nebraska

That's great news. Does this mean they will sell both LNG AND CNG as soon as it opens, or is CNG "down the road sometime"?? The North Platte location is really critical for those crossing Nebraska to Wyoming or Denver. The LNG pumps at the Flying J in Gretna, NE have been built and just sitting there unused for at least a year and a half.

Comment

Any news on CNG in this area is good. I will be driving through there in 2 months and would like to fill up. That's a long stretch of I-80 with no CNG.

Comment

What ever happened to LNG/CNG station in North Platte, Nebraska

Comment

I haven't been to the North Platte Flying J but I suspect it is just like the Gretna Flying J that has had an LNG fueling station just sitting there never opened.

Comment

Clean Energy announced that fueling has begun at a new public station in North Platte, Nebraska, which will service vehicles from KALM Transportation, UPS and Schmidt Liquid Transportation. The station, partially funded with a grant from the Nebraska Environmental Trust Fund and in collaboration with STIRK CNG, a regional compressed natural gas (CNG) provider, will offer both LNG and CNG to fleets in the Midwest.

https://www.cleanenergyfuels.com/pre....H92kwbAi.dpuf

Comment

North Platte NE LCNG station will open up third cross-country CNG route, allowing cross-nation travel on Interstate 80 in addition to the I-70 and I-40 routes.

222 miles Cheyenne WY to North Platte
              210 miles _____________North Platte to Columbus NE

Comment

Clean Energy LCNG is now open at the Flying J at 3400 Newberry Access Road North Platte, NE according to both cngprices and afdc.energy.gov Driving distance is 221 miles to the west to Cheyenne WY and 225 miles to the east to Lincoln NE for the next CNG fueling on this route. This opens the third cross-country CNG route in addition to the I-70 and I-40 routes.

Comment

Working...
                X