CHEVY cng problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CHEVY cng problem

Hello , I respectfully Request help, My problem is this , I have a chevrolet silverado 2008 5.3 v8 and live in Punta Arenas, Chile .
    I installed a team of CNG sequential Tartarini and the truck to work with cng turns the light of service stabilitrak and traction control, only for a few seconds , then go off , my mechanic unable to fix it, and I would ask if you could give me a little of orienting support which may be my problem , perhaps by contacting any of their installers

tys

Re: CHEVY cng problem

You might want to do a scan for DTC's (diagnostic trouble codes) and see if there are any pending codes in history that haven't set a MIL (check engine light). I think your CNG system might be causing a misfire condition during the CNG transition or when first starting up. If the engine sees a misfire condition, the stabilitrack and traction control systems are disabled to prevent them from adding to the problem. That would be my first guess from where I am sitting on the other end of the earth.

Comment

Are the OBD wires connected? This can cause issues, especially in the Chevy. Make sure you have the correct connections with OBD. First, unplug the OBD wires from your vehicle... start the engine and if the lights don't turn on then you know that's the problem.

Comment

hello, on the other end of the earth ha ha ha ha, it really is so, well, the problem is only in cng, if I turn off the light check engine and use only gasoline, I have no problem, when I use CNG check engine lights comes on and sometimes (2 times a day and for a few seconds) the traction control light comes on and asks services to the traction control and StabiliTrak

DTCs are:

A fuel rail P0191 presure sensor circuit range / performance

P069E code -undefined

P0171 sistem too lean (bank 1)

P0172 sistem too lean (bank 2)

thank you very much for answering and try to help me, I am very happy !!!

Comment

It looks like you may have a few installation issues that you need to discuss with your installer. The DTC's P0191 and P069E are most likely related. There is a fuel flow control module that controls fuel pump pressure that will set the P069E code if the flow is not in spec and along with the P0191 code it looks like the vehicle is still expecting gasoline flow when running on CNG. You need to be sure the fuel pump relay is de-energized and the pump is not operating when on CNG. The P0171 and P0172 codes are consistent with the system running so lean that the fuel trims run outside of the limits of the fuel map built into the ECU. Use a scan tool and look at the short and long term fuel trims and see if you can bring them into a range no more then +/- 3 if possible.

Comment

Yes I think your installer did multiple things incorrectly. You will need to buy an external fuel pressure emulator to solve the P0191 code.

The lean codes sound like just bad tuning by the installer.

Comment

P0171 and P0172 codes my mechanic said that we could adjust the mix of cng. (no problem) On the other side, where I can buy an external pressure fuel emulator to solve the P0191 code ?? I can buy online for delivering CHILE?

greetings and thanks

Comment

You are looking for something like this

http://www.lpg.auto.pl/en/index.php?stat=info&id=1956

Try a Google search until find what you need. The description looks like it is pinpointing your exact problem. This is the first I found and it is from Poland--looks like they ship worldwide. I am not endorsing this product, but it or something like it should be part (if not all) of your solution

Comment

I prefer a seller USA, knows that it can sell ?, I'm interested in getting the emulator

Comment

Originally posted by francisco.langer View Post
                    I prefer a seller USA, knows that it can sell ?, I'm interested in getting the emulator
                    If you don't find a seller in the USA I would try this source in the United Kingdom.
                    http://www.lpgshop.co.uk/
                    They ship internationally on a daily basis, I can say from personal experience they are exceptionally helpful and they are on the phone regularly with AC/Stag (http://www.ac.com.pl/). They will frequently get the vendor on the phone while they are speaking with you on another line to ensure they answer your question accurately.

It sounds like Siai and Skipper have given you an excellent diagnosis.

Good luck,
                    Karl

Comment

This is what you want. http://www.aeb.it/Products Click here and order part number 628127000. This is what we sell and they work perfect. They wont allow my company to be named on the site, but those LPG shops can put tons of junk on here.

Comment

I am grateful for the information!

Comment

hello again, looking for this item emulator fuel pressure, I found this that send me to Chile and I think could work, you who think friends ???

this is the product:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AC-STAG-LPG-...item3f31d20295

and these are the instructions:

http://www.ac.com.pl/public/pubonlin...n/FPE_angl.pdf

Comment

Working...
                          X