New Fueling Stations built in Surrey, B.C. MUST offer Alternative fuels

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Fueling Stations built in Surrey, B.C. MUST offer Alternative fuels

May 31, 2011 - Any new Gas Station constructed in Surrey B.C. ( a suburb of Vancouver, B.C. ) MUST offer at least one alternative fuel source. Sources like Hydrogen, Compressed Natural Gas, or a Recharging area for electric cars.

Read the story at :

http://www.news1130.com/news/local/a...ve-fuel-source

Stu Man

Re: New Fueling Stations built in Surrey, B.C. MUST offer Alternative fuels

You beat me to that one Stu Man. I was coming back to the park from Bellingham and heard it on 1130.
    I think it is GREAT.
    Too bad the states can't do the same.

Larrycng

Comment

Hi LarryCNG :

Mayor Dianne Watts, and the rest of Surrey's Council are, once again, demostrating more forward thinking, especially when it comes to GHG Reduction in the transportation sector.

It will be interesting to see which of the alternative fuels gains a threshold :
      1. CNG
      2. Hydrogen
      3. Electric

The next few months will be very interesting.

Take Care LarryCNG

Stu Man

Comment

My guess is they will install cheap electric stations just to comply.

Vancouver used to be the world hub for CNG, now most of out stations have been packed up and shipped to CA because that is where the demand is.

Comment

One thing I liked about Canada about 10 years ago, I could get Lp all over the place (and did most of the fueling myself). I went from Vancouver to Winnipeg on LP (except fo a couple spots) and it was cheap. I almost paid for the LP conversion on my '97 Ford 460 and I was pulling a 28 ft 5th wheel. Lake Louise, Calgary, Moose Jaw, etc. great trip and cheap.

Vancouver was also doing a lot with hydrogen

What Happened

Larrycng

Comment

Originally posted by larrycng View Post
            One thing I liked about Canada about 10 years ago, I could get Lp all over the place (and did most of the fueling myself). I went from Vancouver to Winnipeg on LP (except fo a couple spots) and it was cheap. I almost paid for the LP conversion on my '97 Ford 460 and I was pulling a 28 ft 5th wheel. Lake Louise, Calgary, Moose Jaw, etc. great trip and cheap.

Vancouver was also doing a lot with hydrogen

What Happened

Larrycng
            Future Shop / Bestbuy bought the Ballard building where they were developing the hydrogen fuel cells for our transit vehicles, shows what we care about.

Comment

Jennifer Saltman for Vancouver Sun May 15 2018 - By the end of the year, more than half of the Surrey s 209 buses will be CNG. Dan Savitsky, vice-president of maintenance for Coast Mountain Bus Company, said these buses represent a major renewal to the Surrey base fleet of 209 buses. TransLink already has 146 CNG buses which operate out of the transit centres in Port Coquitlam and Richmond.

The cost of the new buses and the fuelling facility and other facility upgrades required in Surrey is $86 million. About 80 per cent of the funding comes from federal gas tax, through the Metro Vancouver board of directors. TransLink also took advantage of incentives offered by Fortis B.C. through its natural gas for transportation vehicle program.

http://www.truckinginfo.com/channel/...ng-models.aspx

Comment

Working...
              X