Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peddling lies on Craigslist?

http://saltlakecity.craigslist.org/pts/1764041840.html
    Last edited by John Mitton; 06-20-2010, 09:01 AM.

Re: Peddling lies on Craigslist?

Well 15 year limit on the older tanks and 20 on the new ones. He doesn't know the difference between an aluminum cover and steel either. He is either a fool or counting on meeting one.

Comment

Not so fast. If this were a DOT pre-NGV-2 tank, it COULD be recertified forever. I tried to blow up the image of the label but it wasnt clear enough to read to verify if it were a DOT or an NGV-2. He was unclear about the type (a Type 2) and I have a problem seeing a 50" cylinder in the bed of a Ford Ranger, which is barely wider than 48". I dont think Ford did a CNG Ranger factory install (could be wrong though).

Comment

Good point Franz, I don't think Ford did and Factory Ranger either. I did a little research and the cylinder appears to be a CNG Cylinder Corp unit, and probably has a DOT E number on it. People can compair the picture from Craig list and one I had in my files. The only thing that needs to be known is the year of the "so callled factory Ranger" from which the cylinder came. If I am correct, Ford started making factory CNG vehicles in 1996. This would make it about ready to expire. Having read the DOT exemption for that cylinder (E-8725) and still have a copy some place, the cylinder has a 15 year life and then must be destroyed.

Larrycng

Comment

Great points all.
          I'm going to move this over to the Safety forum for easier reference.

Comment

Working...
          X