Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Expired Tank Problem Solved !! Paint & eBay !!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expired Tank Problem Solved !! Paint & eBay !!

It looks like someone has come up with a "great" way to make money off of expired CNG tanks.
    Take off the label, slap on a fresh coat of paint, and sell them on eBay.
    Check out these eBay items (all from the same seller) :

200387211528 - Tank has a leak

Buyer beware...
    2004 Toyota Avalon bi-fuel
    2013 Tesla Model S 85

Re: Expired Tank Problem Solved !! Paint & eBay !!

Is it my imagination, or is the background to in the pictures some kind of plastic drop cloth (like you might have laying around after a fresh paint job)?
    2008 GX (extended range, trunkless version)
    Polished Metal Metallic 2012 Civic Natural Gas
    Fuelmaker FMQ-2-36 (since 2001)
    Previously owned: 2000 GX (11 years), 1995 Bi-fuel Sonoma, 2000 Bifuel Tahoe, 2000 Bi-fuel F150

Comment

Because the label is not visible (or torn off) there is only one way to "save" these tanks...

1. You have to know who manufactured the tanks.
      2. The tank manufacture has to still be in business.
      3. You have to be able to identify the serial number on the tank (sometimes the serial number is stamped on the neck of the port).
      4. You have to contact the manufacturer and get a replacement label.

If you can not get a replacement label from the manufacturer then the tank(s) must be destroyed.

I wonder if the seller knows this
      Jared.
      Mountain Green, Utah
      2003 CNG Cavalier
      2003 CNG Silverado 2500HD

Comment

I send ebay a email explaining how dangerous this is. Every one should do this. some day we are going to kill some one over Ebay tanks

Comment

I sent this question to the seller:

Why are you selling tanks you know to be dangerous to the buyer and to the public? If a tank has no expiration date on it, it must be considered as expired. Your ebay username indicates that you should have more integrity than that. You should know that all of your tanks are listed on cngchat.com as of bad repute. Don't sully your name or reputation and endanger the public for a few bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by TOMTGT View Post
            I send ebay a email explaining how dangerous this is. Every one should do this. some day we are going to kill some one over Ebay tanks
            Done. Easy to do on ebay.

Comment

Originally posted by TOMTGT View Post
              Must need to send an email to give them specifics... if you go the route: Help>Contact Us>Listing Violations ... there are no freeform sections to help them pull the listing: Listing Violation, Prohibited (Banned Item), Other Prohibited Item may not give them enough info

Anyway three of the four were still live when I just reported the remaining listing violations
              2008 GX (extended range, trunkless version)
              Polished Metal Metallic 2012 Civic Natural Gas
              Fuelmaker FMQ-2-36 (since 2001)
              Previously owned: 2000 GX (11 years), 1995 Bi-fuel Sonoma, 2000 Bifuel Tahoe, 2000 Bi-fuel F150

Comment

Working...
              X