Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Utah Tax credit for purchase of fuel or mileage?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Utah Tax credit for purchase of fuel or mileage?

At the Clearfield, Utah Texcao last fall, there was a post from Questar that fuel prices would be going up. Also posted there was a flyer saying that, even though the prices were going up, the "24-cent tax incentive would still apply to every gallon of CNG purchased". Does anyone know if there is a tax credit for mileage or foe the purchase of every gallon of CNG instead of petroleum? If so, how can I claim that?

Thanks, folks. Happy, clean motoring...

Re: Utah Tax credit for purchase of fuel or mileage?

Nhancey,

The tax incentive that Questar is referring to is a Federal Tax Credit that Questar gets. It is 50 cents per gallon of CNG pumped. Questar pays our Federal Road Tax with this and then passes on the rest (savings) to us (the consumer). 24 cents is passed onto us as savings.

In a nutshell, a public CNG station owner can claim a 50 cent per gallon tax credit for providing CNG to the public. That credit can be claimed by the gas supplier (Questar) or the station owner (Questar as well). Questar price to us for CNG is fixed by the Public Service Commsion (PSC). They mandate that Questar passes the savings on to the consumer (you and I).
    Jared.
    Mountain Green, Utah
    2003 CNG Cavalier
    2003 CNG Silverado 2500HD

Comment

... and that 50 cents per gallon equivalent just expired Dec 31st
      We all need to contact our Senators to pass the extenders approved in the House before the break. Anyone have the reference?

Comment

Here's the link for all U.S. senators:

http://www.senate.gov/general/contac...nators_cfm.cfm

You can easily email them by clicking on the links on that site.

Comment

Thanks CNGLO.
          Does anyone have the House Bill number which we should push the Senate to vote on?

Comment

The House Bill number is H.R. 1835. The Senate Bill number is S. 1408
            Jared.
            Mountain Green, Utah
            2003 CNG Cavalier
            2003 CNG Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Thanks for the information. So then, if i understand correctly, the legislative mandate and subsequent actions from it all take place independent of me a an individual consumer, and there is nothing additional to which I could apply for reimbursement.

i.e., stop saving all my receipts...

Comment

Working...
              X