2004 or newer can obtain "c" plate in Utah

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2004 or newer can obtain "c" plate in Utah

I have had mine for 2 years (1999 Ford F250) and just renewed. Haven't had to surrender my plate...

Comment

Anyone building a case for the EPA needs to work with someone like John M, or the Clean Cities Coalition in their area. The Government loves statistics. A case has to be made (with specific scientific data) showing how much cleaner your pre-2004 NGV is than a gasoline alternative vehicle, and perhaps a poll, or survey, that demonstrates figures for how many NGV owners may revert back to gasoline given the cost differential... yada, yada, yada. You get the picture. A case must be built and substantiated for the EPA to even take it half way seriously. Take the case to the media. Public exposure of laws that are counter productive to the advancement of the stated goals tend to get noticed.

That being said, you have about a snowballs chance. The government is trying to work towards a near-zero emissions standards, particularly in non-attainment areas like many of the area's in Utah. Wouldn't it be nice if we could be satisfied by simply focusing on the other reasons we drive these cars. You still have the cheap fuel and the environmental moral high ground to fall back on. At least you don't live in the San Francisco Bay are and have to use the Fast Trac system. Your daily commute would have gone from free, to costing $3.00 a day.

We have to realize that incentives will come and go. They will get better, or worse, as time goes by. We can support the politicians that work to make them better, support Clean Cities in our area (by joining the organization) to support those who work to create the incentives, join the Pickens Plan too and work to become part of the grass-roots effort to push the cng agenda in Washington. No amount of wishing ever made anything better. All we can do is all we can do, so lets continue to generate positive actions to support those who can effect change.
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_4586_1441434431016_578[/ATTACH]

Comment

I just went through some stressful times purchasing a 2003 Ford Econoline Wagon (Van) from Arizona just to find out I get double-whammied. I own a '98 Ford Contour (bi-fuel) that has the "C" plate and lost its tranny about a month ago. So.... I pull up to the pump with my new ride to find that the fuel is now going to increase 50%. Next, I find that I can't get a 'C" plate because not only is the van a 2003, but its GVW is 8,700 lbs and the limit is 8,500 lbs. Yeah, I got rejected before any letter. The gal at the EPA office didn't sound like she's in our corner - just doing her job. Thank you Senators and EPA (Does that stand for Environmental Protection Agency? - Huh!) O.K. - Let's ASSUME that the EPA knows what they're doing. I need a sort of chemist/combustion expert here. What IS the difference between what a dedicated vehicle built before 2004 emits and what a "perfect car" built on or after 2004 emits? What does Tier 2 Bin 5 mean exactly? I had my van emission tested today, and it's really, really clean. I glad there's a place to just vent. Thanks for reading this - maybe that will make it all better.

Comment

I started looking for a CNG vehicle in mid-July assuming that CNG prices were still under $1 and that a CNG vehicle would receive C plates for access to the HOV lane. Well, I'd already made offer on a vehicle when I found out about the .50 per gge CNG price increase in Utah. I had already purchased the CNG vehicle when I found out that for C plate you had to have a 2004 or newer vehicle. As providence would have it, I'd purchased a 2004 Honda Civic GX and I was able to apply for and have received my C plates. Now, if I could only do something to get the CNG prices to go back down...

Comment

Be at peace, brother, you still have about the lowest cost for cng in the country. Many in Ca would gladly trade you for their $2.50 gge Clean Energy price.
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_4586_1441434431016_578[/ATTACH]

Comment

Amen to that! If you don't like the CNG price just pull up to that other pump around the corner. That would assume of course that the vehicle being driven was a duel fuel tool.

Comment

Originally posted by ORCoaster View Post
                Amen to that! If you don't like the CNG price just pull up to that other pump around the corner. That would assume of course that the vehicle being driven was a duel fuel tool.
                Oh, don't get me wrong. I LOVE the low CNG prices we have in Utah. It was just unexpected to find that the price had gone up 50% since the beginning of July.

Comment

Be patient . . . . price will go down soon once the 50 cent excise tax credit gets passed by Congress.

Go CNG . . . . . cleanest fuel for today's needs (except for wind and solar) !!

Comment

Working...
                  X