Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

California White HOV lane stickers-Current Processing dates.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• California White HOV lane stickers-Current Processing dates.

As of today 4/4/2011, DMV is processing sticker applications received on 3/21/2011.
    That's a 2 week internal backlog. A lot of work is being done there to improve things.
    Best,
    Jeff

Re: California White HOV lane stickers-Current Processing dates.

Jeff, any update on timing? I am on my third week of waiting having mailed my app to the DMV on March 22.

As an aside, I am stunned at how many new Civic GX owners drive in the car pool lane without the stickers. Whether they are ignorant or brazen, they are taking a big risk. I probably see 2 per day using the HOV lane with no stickers.

Comment

Update on timing. I actually mailed my $8 check to DMV on 3/29. I just saw today it was cashed (4/13). So the DMV processing time is roughly two weeks. I find this reasonable and am actually impressed. Now I wait for the stickers....sounds like that part is another 3ish days or so.

Comment

White stickers received after two weeks! :-) Mailed on 4/13; received today. I am very happy.
        Suzanne & Mark
        2006 GX
        2000 F250 CNG
        1994 Caravan CNG
        Zero to 3 in 9 months!

Comment

Hawaiirob, I had a Honda dealer tell me that the CHP knows the CNG sticker is ok, so he told me to drive in the carpool lane before receiving the stickers. I've never actually tested this theory, but if they're telling me, then I'm sure they'll telling other people.

Comment

I'd be careful Lou. The DMV website has some clear language about needing the stickers.

Comment

I was quite excited yesterday I went to the DMV to register my newly aquired used from out of state GX, and walked out with my new plates in hand (I made extra sure that they put the 'N' in the box for power)! I was expecting to have to wait a few weeks for them to mail new plates to me. Form 1000 is being mailed in today, we'll see how long it takes to get the stickers. As long as I get them before July 1st I'm fine :-)

I would not risk driving in the HOV lane before getting stickers. They may generally look the other way, but if you catch one CHP not wanting to do that, you really have no defense. The law is clear about needing a sticker, and the fine is steep!

Comment

CaptJeff,

Is there any difference between new and used car processing for CNG stickers? I purchased a 2001 CNG Crown Victoria and sent my application way back on 4/7 and they haven't even cashed my check yet. I am always hopeful and look in the mailbox everyday with anticipation...

Thanks, Jim...

Comment

Update:

Looking good, the DMV just cashed my check...
                  Check mailed 4/7
                  Check cashed 5/18

I need to go out and wait for the mailman now...

Comment

My check was cashed! Two weeks after I mailed my paperwork in. I mailed it on Friday 5/7, so they probably got it on Monday 5/9. The check was cashed yesterday, Monday 5/23 exactly two weeks after that. Used car from out of state, fwiw.

Comment

I'm so jealous! I sent my check on 5/4 and anxiously check my bank account every day! Hopefully, I'll see something in the next week or so (fingers crossed).

Comment

The saga continues...
                        Original application mailed 4/7
                        Check cashed 5/18
                        Letter from the DMV 5/26 (oh be still my heart...)

But wait, there's more...

Initally, after waiting a month and seeing nothing I sent in a backup application. Who knows, the original could have been lost on the way to the DMV.
                        Second application:
                        Mailed 5/9
                        Received at DMV 5/12 (they stamped the application)
                        Returned today 5/26 (with my second check) with big letters across the applicaton saying DONE.

So, my original application has been processed, my second application has been rejected and still no stickers...

Time to pitch a tent on the curb and wait for the mailman... sigh...

Comment

Baconcake, something weird going on for you, you may need to actually talk to someone there... As for me, my stickers came in the mail today!! Just under three weeks from mailing in the application to receiving the stickers.

Comment

Hey, wait a minute, I think you got my stickers.... LOL...

I suppose I'll have to try to find someone at the DMV that can help me get my stickers... I agree with the "something weird"...

But on the brighter side, I can now claim my stickers were lost in the mail because I got the "DONE" notification and still don't have stickers...

I'm good for now, my trusty ole Prius still has legs...

UPDATE !!!!!

Today is the day... Mailed original application 4/7 ----- Received beautiful White Carpool Stickers today 5/27... Yahoo....
                            Last edited by Baconcake; 05-27-2011, 07:54 PM.

Comment

Here is a quick rundown of my White Sticker time line:
                              • April 24th- purchased 2011 GX
                              • May 11th-14th- ripped apart new car to replace horrible speakers and add navigation unit (I have pictures if anyone wants)
                              • May 20th- received license plates in mail
                              • May 28th- received my beautiful White Stickers!!

Comment

Working...
                              X