X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calif Legislation to follow

Policy File
    The Coalition is tracking the following bills and others related to alternative fuels and vehicles throughout the legislative session.
    AB 1212 | Author: Ruskin
    In brief: Authorizes CARB to implement a "feebate" program consisting of one-time rebates and one-time surcharges on the sale of new passenger vehicles.
    Status: In Assembly Transportation Committee; two-year bill.

AB 1500 | Author: Lieu
    In brief: Extends HOV lane access for single-occupant alternative fuel vehicles ("white stickers") five years beyond the current sunset, to Jan. 1, 2016.
    Details: Transportation Committee amendments limit the extension to AFVs. HOV lane access for hybrid vehicles will expire Jan. 1, 2011.Sponsored by the Coalition.

AB 1502 | Author: Eng
    In brief: Extends HOV lane access for single-occupant clean vehicles to 2017, but only for SULEV/ILEV vehicles (including NGVs).
    Details: The author decided to hold the bill when Assembly member Lieu agreed to amendments to AB 1500 limiting the extension to AFVs. (See story, at left.)
    Status: Held in Assembly Transportation Committee; two-year bill.

AB 1527 | Author: Lieu
    In brief: Allows a vehicle emissions reduction project funded by the Carl Moyer Program or Prop. 1B to also receive AB 118 or federal funds, provided they result in additional reductions.
    Details: Sponsored by CALSTART. Pending amendments will clarify that funds from AB 118 or other state or federal sources do not count when calculating the cost-effectiveness of a project funded by Moyer or Prop. 1B, thus preventing the project’s cost-effectiveness from being artificially lowered. (See story, at left.)

SB 376 | Author: Simitian
    In brief: Requires the CEC to submit to the Legislature and governor a Liquefied Natural Gas Market Assessment Report of 2011.
    Details: SB 376 was amended to delete a provision that would have prohibited approval of construction or operation of an LNG terminal, onshore or off, until the report becomes final.

SB 400 | Author: Corbett
    In brief: Gutted and amended to deal with issues unrelated to NGV industry concerns.
    Details: In its previous version, SB 400 created a definition of "green vehicle" to be used by the California
    Alternative Energy and Advanced Transportation Financing Authority.

SB 535 | Author: Yee
    In brief: Amended to extend HOV lane access for single-occupant alternative fuel vehicles ("white stickers") as long as authorized by federal law.
    Details: In its current form the bill is nearly the same as the Coalition-sponsored AB 1500. Yee plans to amend the bill to ensure access for pure electric vehicles as well as NGVs. (See story, page 2.)

SB 626 | Author: Kehoe
    In brief: Requires the California Public Utilities Commission, in consultation with the CEC, CARB, electric companies, and the auto industry, to implement policies ensuring sufficient infrastructure for widespread use of plug-in hybrids.

SB 632 | Author: Lowenthal
    In brief: Requires the ports of Long Beach, Los Angeles, and Oakland to give the Legislature an assessment of their infrastructure and air quality improvement needs, including total costs.
    Details: The bill requires the ports to focus on projects that improve cargo movement efficiency, reduce traffic congestion, and reduce cargo-related air pollution.

Last edited by Curtis; 06-15-2010, 01:20 AM.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_4586_1441434431016_578[/ATTACH]

Re: Calif Legislation to follow

what is the status of ab1500? i guess what are the chances that we'll get an extension from the 2011 expiration date?
    98 civic gx - the hov lane runner
    97 supercharged mustang - 440rwhp gas hog
    02 pathfinder

Comment

I spoke to an assemblyman last week and I asked him about that. He sad he thinks an extension will be granted, but that it is not something really being focused upon due to other more urgent "matters". He has had the opportunity to have been given both NGV and electric vehicles for extended periods and is a sponsor of both, in spite of having to have been towed a few times after running out of battery..

Comment

I have been following up with the authors of SB 535 and AB 1500 with regards to the extension as well as CNGVC to push those bills through. As they stand, both are on inactive file and 535 was renewed to inactive by another assembly member..

Nothing seems to be moving and so will our cars if we phase out of the HOV lane. Hope I have the extra psi to get me through the traffic
        Silver 09 GX
        Phill G:1.5

Comment

I am planning to call my CA legislative representatives, but first I wanted to (1) encourage others to also call, and (2) brainstorm what to say.

I'm thinking something along the lines of "Please support AB 1500/SB 535. This is a bill that allows alternate fuel vehicles -- it does not address hybrids -- to continue using the carpool lane. Natural gas vehicles have not caught on like hybrids because of the inconveniences of finding a nearby fueling station. Allowing the white stickers to continue to be used will continue to support the environment by encouraging users of alternate fuel technology to continue to explore green alternatives to gasoline."

Thoughts?

p.s. type "Find Your California State Legislative Representatives" in Google to find your senator/assemblyman.

Comment

Sounds good to me,
            I have been emailing off and on again but those bills haven't been moving.
            How does legislature/senate get the bills out of inactive file?
            Last edited by lcovelli; 02-24-2010, 05:35 PM.
            Silver 09 GX
            Phill G:1.5

Comment

Originally posted by lcovelli View Post
              Sounds good to me,
              I have been emailing off and on again but those bills haven't been moving.
              How does legislature/senate get the bills out of inactive file?
              The same way they balance the state budget..
              1997 Factory Crown Victoria w/ extended tanks ~~ Clunkerized!
              2000 Bi-Fuel Expedition --> ~~ Sold ~~ <--

Comment

Policy File

The Coalition (Cal NGV) will track the following bills
                fuels and vehicles throughout the legislative session.

AB 744 | Torrico
                In brief: Authorizes the Bay Area Toll Authority to develop a high- occupancy toll (HOT) lane network within the Metropolitan Transportation Commission’s nine-county jurisdiction.
                Details: The Legislature is considering whether vehicles with access to HOV lanes, such as NGVs, should be allowed to travel free in HOT lanes.
                In Senate Appropriations Committee.

SB 927 | Huff
                In brief:
                Spot bill on HOV lanes. Details: The Legislature is considering two bills, AB 1500 (Lieu) and SB 535 (Yee), that would extend HOV
                lane access for NGVs. AB 1500 is sponsored by the Coalition.

SB 1245 | Simitian
                In brief: Requires HOV and HOT lanes that allowed free passage for HOVs as of Jan. 1, 2010, to remain toll-free for HOVs after that date. Details: The bill’s language is un-
                clear on whether single-occupant vehicles that qualify for HOV lane access also retain free passage.
                Status: Referred to Senate Trans- portation and Housing Committee.
                Last edited by Curtis; 05-06-2010, 02:16 PM.

Comment

AB 744 | Torrico
                  In brief: Authorizes the Bay Area Toll Authority to develop a high-occupancy toll (HOT) lane network within the Metropolitan Transportation Commission’s nine-county jurisdiction.
                  Details: The Legislature is considering whether vehicles with access to HOV lanes, such as NGVs, should be allowed to travel free in HOT lanes.

AB 1500 | Author: Lieu
                  In brief: Extends HOV lane access for single-occupant alternative fuel vehicles (“white stickers”) three years beyond the current sunset, to Jan. 1, 2014. AB 1500 is sponsored by the Coalition; the bill was introduced in 2009.

AB 2513 | Adams
                  In brief:Spot bill related to CARB.
                  Details: AB 2513 is one of several spot bills that are expected to be amended to reform or restrict CARB’s regulatory authority.

SB 535 | Yee
                  In brief:Requires the Department of Motor Vehicles to issue up to 65,000 identifiers to vehicles that meet California’s enhanced AT-PZEV standard and have a 65 mpg or greater combined fuel economy rating. Single-occupant vehicles with the identifier (a sticker) would be authorized to use HOV lanes until Jan. 1, 2014.
                  Details: The bill was introduced and substantially amended in 2009.

SB 927 | Huff
                  In brief: Spot bill on HOV lanes.
                  Details: The Legislature is considering two other bills, AB 1500 (Lieu) and SB 535 (Yee), that would extend HOV lane access for clean vehicles.

SB 960 | Author: Dutton
                  In brief: Requires the Legislative Analyst to analyze major regulations adopted by CARB to determine their costs and benefits and technological feasibility.
                  Status: Failed to pass Senate Environmental Quality Committee; reconsideration granted.

SB 1033 | Author: Wright
                  In brief: If market-based compliance mechanisms (such as cap and trade) are adopted to implement AB 32, the amended SB 1033 would require CARB to limit the distribution or sale of GHG emission allowances to regulated entities.
                  Details: The author is concerned about market manipulation and allowance banking by entities not regulated under AB 32, which could drive up the cost of allowances for regulated entities.

SB 1120 | Author: Dutton
                  In brief: Prohibits CARB from implementing a market-based compliance mechanism that includes caps on GHG emissions and trading among participants unless it is part of a legally enforceable regional or federal program.
                  Last edited by Curtis; 05-06-2010, 02:17 PM.

Comment

so whats everyones thoughts on ab1500 passing? hopefully they extend it to 2014.
                    02 pathfinder

Comment

CalNGV Policy File Update

AB 744 | Author: Torrico
                      AB 1500 | Author: LieuAB 2513 | Author: AdamsSB 535 | Author: YeeSB 927 | Author: Huff
                      In brief: Spot bill on HOV lanes. Details: The Legislature is considering two other bills, AB 1500 (Lieu) and SB 535 (Yee), that would extend HOV lane access for clean vehicles.

SB 960 | Author: Dutton
                      In brief: Requires the Legislative Analyst to analyze major regulations adopted by CARB to determine their costs, benefits, and technological feasibility.
                      Status: Failed to pass Senate Environmental Quality Committee; reconsideration granted.

SB 1033 | Author: Wright
                      In brief: If market-based compliance mechanisms (such as cap and trade) are adopted to implement AB 32, the amended SB 1033 would require CARB to limit the distribution or sale of GHG emission allowances to regulated entities.
                      Details: The author is concerned about market manipulation and allowance banking by entities not regulated under AB 32, which could
                      drive up the cost of allowances for regulated entities.

SB 1120 | Author: Dutton
                      In brief: Prohibits CARB from imple- menting a market-based compliance mechanism that includes caps on GHG emissions and trading among participants unless it is part of a legally enforceable regional or federal program.

Comment

02 pathfinder

Comment

Robert De Vries
                          Law Offices of Robert De Vries
                          785 Market Street, Suite 1150
                          San Francisco, CA 94103
                          (415) 546-5100, ext. 2000

---------- Forwarded message ----------
                          Date: Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 5:32 PM
                          Subject: FW: CA Assembly Bill 1500 - HOV Lane Access White Clean Car Stickers - Please send a letter to the Governor THIS WEEK
                          To: rd@devrieslaw.com

Dear Clean Vehicle Advocates

I am very happy to report that Assembly Bill 1500, authored by Ted Lieu and sponsored by CNGVC, passed out of the Legislature yesterday. We have been working on this for 18 months.

A letter of support from each of your organizations/companies would be very helpful. We need letters to be sent in THIS WEEK.

I have attached a draft support letter template. As a reminder this bill (if signed into law) will continue the White Clean Car Sticker program (HOV lane access for single occupant NGVs, BEVs, and FCVs) until January 1, 2015. Without this legislation the program will sunset at the end of 2010.

As an FYI, the CA Dept. of Motor Vehicles recently reported to us that they have issued a total of 10,000 White Stickers since 2001.

I would also appreciate you emailing or faxing me a copy too. My fax number (916) 448 7176.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to email or call me.

Thank you

Tim
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Curtis; 06-25-2010, 08:50 PM.

Comment

How about not spamming users (Specifically those in Utah) about a bill in the California legislature?

Comment

Sorry, I may have developed cngchat, but I'm not great with the filtering software. I'd rather get one too many people involved than one too few.

Comment

Working...
                              X