Managed to get new Red stickers for old CNG Civic

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Managed to get new Red stickers for old CNG Civic

I recently bought an older CNG Civic (2002) which had never been issued white stickers. I made application and just received the new red stickers for it. According to CARB, next year, you'll be able to apply to get those red stickers extended to 2022: https://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/carpool/carpool.htm

I don't see a way to get red stickers for any car that was issued white stickers because of CVC 5205.5a(7) which states "Except as provided in subparagraph (B) of paragraph (5), a vehicle shall not be issued a decal, label, or other identifier more than once"

Thought someone might find this useful.
    Last edited by John Mitton; 04-30-2018, 05:04 PM. Reason: Fixed spelling of "CARB"

interesting .. i have a civic that has never been issued stickers maybe i should apply for them when did you send in the application?

Comment

so that looks like the trick...buy a used/older CNG vehicle that has never rec'd the sticker then apply for its 1-time use and hold until '22

Comment

I think many are mis -interpreting "Except as provided in subparagraph (B) of paragraph (5), a vehicle shall not be issued a decal, label, or other identifier more than once" . I could be wrong, but I believe the intent of that sentence is that you dont get 2 sets of decals. Replacement decals are issued for stolen or destroyed decals every day. The special processing unit in Sacramento would be the final word on it.

Comment

Did you simply fill out and submit the REG 1000 form to DMV?

Comment

So that means I can go to any dealership tell him to find me a Honda Civic natural gas GX or whatever have the carfax report to show that was not owned by someone in California. Buy it and trade mine in and bang HOV till 2022
            Silver 09 GX
            Phill G:1.5

Comment

Working...
            X