cngpump.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: cngpump.com

Bobbaldwin is or was? a dealer for them. Send him a pm. maybe he has good or bad news.

Comment

I have not had anyone that "makes" home stations contact me, and if they did they wanted payment up front and had a 6 month lead time, nor could they promise warranty maintenance. Hate to say it, but the home fueling station is a pie in the sky. Even the PHILL is borderline practical (debatable). Too slow fill rates, high cost of install, permit fees, and most important MAINTENANCE costs make them not very feasible. Our efforts are best spent contacting local gas stations and demanding a CNG pump.

Comment

SKY CNG you need to do some home work here. I have been living the home fueling for over 5 years.
        Here are the Facts
        I run 2 cars on CNG Bi-Fuel a 2002 A6 twin turbo and a 2000 Nissan Extara CNG Bi-Fuel 6 cylinder.
        Update my Home fueling pump and storage system to give me 2-3 Gal an hour filling with a stand by fill of 2 Gal. Here is a video of my Nissan and home filling.
        I pay 60 cents a Gal of CNG at home filling.
        I save from $200 to $400 a month in fuel cost. At a rounded off $300 times 12 months is $3600 a year in cash or take home pay back in my pocket. Or if you were to look at it this way you would have to get a pay raise of $10,000 a year to the same spending cash.
        So at $300 cash spending money a month in my pocket, I can buy a lot of big screen TV, eat in a lot of nice French restaurants. Or just buy nice toys.
        So I say just save yourself as I did. I have not found any other way or life style to put that kind of money back in your pocket.
        Bob Mann

Comment

Sky CNG - you are talking from experience? or just talking from what you've read.

Keep in mind that the posts about compressors on this site are people trying to resolve an issue. The vast majority are silent happy users.

Don't know about your state but all models of the BRC Fuel Maker compressors are certified by the AGA as appliances. NFPA 52 only requires notification of the local fire marshal and the utility. Local jurisdiction varies some but contacting all the inspectors asks for a lot of permitting and possible challenges.

The BRC Fuel Maker appliances are (as far as I know) the only compressors exempted from the NFPA 52 - 2013 HAZOP analysis code.

The Phill is designed for commuters and economy cars. It is the smallest compressor on the market. It will not do a 20 gge tank in a truck on a daily basis. You will need to invest a bit more to have a size suitable for your needs.

CNGvw - Yep, it works for me too. Q2 along the driveway and 18 gge in my F150. Drove 521 miles today. 18 gge home fueling at 62 cents/gge ($11.16)and 12.6 gge public fueling at $1.799 ($22.67) 50,000 miles in 2012 and $8350 saved in fuel costs. I am completely satisfied with the best investment I've ever made. That trip on gasoline would have cost $127.06

Comment

Originally posted by Amfuel View Post
            CNGvw - Yep, it works for me too. Q2 along the driveway and 18 gge in my F150. Drove 521 miles today. 18 gge home fueling at 62 cents/gge ($11.16)and 12.6 gge public fueling at $1.799 ($22.67) 50,000 miles in 2012 and $8350 saved in fuel costs. I am completely satisfied with the best investment I've ever made. That trip on gasoline would have cost $127.06
            Good to hear it works for you too. That is a big savings what do you you spend it on??
            Bob Mann

Comment

I love hearing about high mileage users saving a ton on CNG! That's great! So what unit are you using exactly? What was the cost? What were the payment terms and lead time? What are the annual maintenance costs typically? Agreed, the PHILL seems to be the most reputable on the market, which is why we (my company) references ONLY to them on our website. The problem is that only HEAVY commuters like yourself will get a return on that investment. It's one thing to come out of pocket $5500 for a CNG car conversion and get a payback in a couple years, but a whole separate issue when you need an additional $5k+ fill station in your house to get the CNG savings. That's just not a practical market. Show me a documented CNG pump with at least 2 gge per hour and high reliability for less than $3,000 and I'll submit a purchase order for 20 right now... but I wont wait 6 months for delivery after payment.

Comment

Another question for Bob Mann: What EPA certified kits did you find to convert your Audi and Nissan "Exterra"[sic]?

Comment

I use a FMQ2 at .9 gge/hr. (1.16 at low pressure, .9 at high pressure) Cost is typical $7500 base $9000 to $10000 installed with accessories. (hose(s), filter) Less the 30% tax credit ($3000?) I can save $8000 or more a year. ($8350 in 2012) But frankly I'd rather drive less.

The Phill, as small as it is. There can be a ROI. I know a lady that commutes about 100 to 120 miles 5 days a week. Got a tax credit on the GX when there was one. (no tax credit for private home fueling) Ran the Phill 7300 hours (3000+ gge) Average savings $2.50 gallon?? $7500 saved?? Less the $5000 cost so she is up $2500 Spent the money for a new compression module and is likely good for another 3 years. $7500?? less $1700 = $5800?? repeat...

The compression module is the only moving part other than solenoid valves, contactor and fan. Pretty much maintenance free operation till something wears out like the compression module.

Not a practical market? - you obviously have ROI emblazoned into your head. Some worry more about the environment, national security, the economy and what the kids and grandkids have to deal with because of oil and OPEC. I don't want my grandkids or any others to shed a tear let alone blood for access to oil. We have low cost, clean, abundant American fuel available today. What is the hidden cost of oil and OPEC?

Rant done.

Comment

Amfuel you are very right on the ROI. Could someone tell me when you get your ROI on new car purchase? On a big screen, or microwave. If you are going to use the ROI scam use it on every purchase you make.
                    As I said please show me how you are going to save a house hold this kind of money yearly. $8350 for Amfuel, I am at $3800 yearly too. Sorry to say it’s something you have to do on your own. If it was an electric car or a wind mill or solar panel or 123 batteries the government pissed through 300+ billon.
                    As we all know one or more of them when’d belly up and China came in picked them up for pennies.
                    For the EPA kit thing everyone here knows my view on that if it is clean out the tail pipe can pass a 5 gas load test. Pass a State I/M test RI still does a dyno I/M, and to do a State I/M test the machine was certified by the EPA.
                    Bob Mann
                    CSA (CNG-FSI)
                    Listed as a EPA small vender

Comment

Bob, I'm not trying to give a finance lesson, I'm simply explaining that the majority of Americans will not convert to CNG unless their expense is justified. It is admirable that many will convert for political/environmental reasons, but most Americans will not ever use CNG unless it is convenient and cost effective.

Comment

Originally posted by Sky CNG View Post
                        Bob, I'm not trying to give a finance lesson, I'm simply explaining that the majority of Americans will not convert to CNG unless their expense is justified. It is admirable that many will convert for political/environmental reasons, but most Americans will not ever use CNG unless it is convenient and cost effective.
                        For Political or environmental I really could care less, if is clean out the pipe I am good with that and most of the world is too. It is all about cost but why are the costs so high here in the USA? I can import a 8 cylinder kit (top of the line) for $700 pull all the labels off and lay it side by side with a few of this EPA kits. And there are the same but price. $7000 is a bit high for the same tail pipe emissions just to say EPA. I have been saying this for years it has to be done politically is the sad truth to it. Then you will have Home fueling system below the $3000 marker and conversion in the price range of $2000 turnkey.
                        I am sorry for going off subject here.
                        Bob Mann

Comment

You're all good Bob. Thanks for the dialogue. Have a great Memorial Day weekend!

Comment

EPA Certified "kits" are only for New vehicles, mostly pickups....
                            Jim Younkin
                            www.younkincng.com

Comment

Originally posted by younkin View Post
                              EPA Certified "kits" are only for New vehicles, mostly pickups....
                              Jim, you're listed as a dealer for cngpump in UT. Do you have any information you can share on when/whether these compressors will be available for sale?
                              Adrian

Navy 2008 Civic GX (wife's)
                              Silver 2012 Toyota Prius
                              Grey 2012 Civic Natural Gas (mine)

Comment

Can we get back on topic......

anybody have any word on cngpump.com ??

Comment

Working...
                                X