cngpump.com

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: cngpump.com

Here is a updated list fron the EPA site for kits and soon my kit will be there too.

Intermediate Age Clean Alternative Fuel Conversion Systems
    American Alternative Fuel LLC
    Auto Gas America
    Flex Fuel U.S.
    Go Natural CNG
    Icom North America
    Natgascar LLC
    NGV Motori
    Parnell USA
    Outside Useful Life Clean Alternative Fuel Conversion Systems
    American Power Group, Inc.
    Clean Air Power, Inc.
    EcoDual Group LP
    Wise Gas Inc
    To find the truth you must dig.
    Bob Mann

Comment

Cowboy, we do not allow the discussion of illegal activities, like illegal conversions and making pipe bombs. It won't stop morons from building either, or both. There are other places on the net to discuss these issues, so the info is out there. We have chosen to take the high road, which is why CNGChat is a credible source of information for the entire CNG community.

All anyone has to know is that if there is no EPA/CARB certification for the system they are researching... it is illegal and makes them subject to a $10,000 a day fine for installing it. In states with emissions testing, you will be identified and failed... what it the point? Beyond this very basic understanding of legal and illegal installations of CNG conversion systems, what is left to discuss?

That is not to say we don't discuss what makes something illegal, or even mention illegal conversions. We simply see no need to spend a lot of time debating the merits of breaking the law. We can discuss the merits of working to effect positive change, as a collective, or individually, within the regulatory framework that exists, but we aren't going to tell you where to buy an illegal system, or tell you the name of a disreputable shop that will install it, so what is your point?
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_4586_1441434431016_578[/ATTACH]

Comment

Sheriff, I never once asked for info on doing illegal activities. I am simply looking for info on the homefilling unit sold by cngpump.com

(the cars I want to convert are pre 75)

Comment

I recently ran across the cngpump website. Love the concept. Called and talked to the local rep here in OKC...a very nice & helpful man. He said they're in the process of obtaining UL certification for the unit. I would love to have one of these.

Here's my criticism of cngpump: they are a new company requesting anywhere from $2.5k down for a unit I've only seen a picture of. There is no working model or inventory in okc yet. My contact at ONG, when I mentioned cngpump said DO NOT send money to a co this way, another industry pro told me the same thing. Further I do not send $ out like this...too much risk. So I emailed the company's president & asked if he'd be willing to use eBay's escrow.com to safely hold my deposit until my unit was installed at my residence, that I'd be willing to cover the small transaction fee...he said he was open to the idea, email back for an answer. I emailed back, he said "no"...cited something confusing about fees...which are small & I already offered to pay. I just used escrow.com to buy a truck out of LA, they're legitimate.

Bottom line: buyer beware.

Comment

At least they have some pictures of the unit in it's housing finally. Hydraulic intensifier's are the way to go, makes so much more sense than reciprocating compressor.
            GM World Class, F1 Cert
            05 Crew cab 4X4 Silverado LS
            03 Cavalier
            01 Cavalier (sold)

Comment

Fyi...received an update phone call today from my local contact, sounds like cngpump.com's hydraulic pump is having production issues (whatever that means?) and won't be available at least in the near future. Cngpump.com still shows the unit available for pre order....maybe they just haven't updated their website.

Comment

Any new info. on this compressor now that it is a new year?

Comment

In this case...... no news is not good news.....

Comment

maybe they are living on the pre order money and there is no pump.would not be the first time for that scam.

Comment

I recall a post that a guy in (Indiana? pre-ordered on back in about march.

Comment

Still no news? How is this going? Is it out, approved, certified, sealed, delivered, and installed. What is the price, and where are the dealers? What is the warranty, and who services it?

Comment

............ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaporware ........... same goes for the GE $500 VRA . Just my opinion. As always, my advise has a 100% money back guarantee of what I am paid for it.

Comment

going a year since original post/question....... still waiting wanting to see one in the market place.... any news?

Comment

Originally posted by strotter View Post
                              going a year since original post/question....... still waiting wanting to see one in the market place.... any news?
                              What I gather from the email news letter I recived a few months ago is they are shipping product, It's just that you have to pre-order and then you get your compressor 6-8 month later.
                              GM World Class, F1 Cert
                              05 Crew cab 4X4 Silverado LS
                              03 Cavalier
                              01 Cavalier (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by ericguy320 View Post
                                ... It's just that you have to pre-order and then you get your compressor 6-8 month later.
                                I have to believe that if there were many (any?) delivered, at least one person on this forum would have at least seen or known about it...
                                2008 GX (extended range, trunkless version)
                                Polished Metal Metallic 2012 Civic Natural Gas
                                Fuelmaker FMQ-2-36 (since 2001)
                                Previously owned: 2000 GX (11 years), 1995 Bi-fuel Sonoma, 2000 Bifuel Tahoe, 2000 Bi-fuel F150

Comment

Working...
                                X