Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Options to Re-Build or Sell A Used Phill?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Options to Re-Build or Sell A Used Phill?

Hi All,

My Phill has about 6250 hours on it, it still works but only pressures up 2/5 lights ~ 1/4 tank. While it's nice to have as a backup it's not enough for my daily commute.

Does anyone know of a reasonable head rebuild service or option to get it re-furbished?

Is there any value of selling it as-is used? The hoses, electrical, etc parts are all still operating with no issues. Just the compressor isn't compressing as much as it used to..

I'm willing to invest a little to get it up to pressure and also willing to sell and get some of my $ back,

Let me know, I am curious,

Thanks,

Jim
    Jim Blair
    2004 Honda Civic GX
    http://www.cngchat.com/photopost/sho...=500&ppuser=61

Re: Options to Re-Build or Sell A Used Phill?

The Phill is now field/shop serviceable. The dealers can now get the parts to repair them. Contact your dealer for pricing on replacing the compression module. The compression module will be a warrnew part and covered with a 2 yr/2000 hr wwarranty

Comment

As long as it is a Version 1.5
      If its a version 1, it would be better to trade up to a version 1.5, will fit the same except upgrading the 110 to 220 Volts on the power supply.
      Replacement parts are only available for the 1.5.
      Dave Clement

Comment

So, mine is definitely 220vac does that mean its a type 1.5? I hope so, I'll call the dealer Monday and start getting info.

Do they require we have an installer "professionally rip us off" or can I uninstall and ship it myself and then re-install?
        Jim Blair
        2004 Honda Civic GX
        http://www.cngchat.com/photopost/sho...=500&ppuser=61

Comment

You are right Dave but the compression module is interchangeable to either generation.

Whether the owner takes it out and re-installs it - it still needs purging by an authorized person.

Comment

Who would everyone recommend that sells these units in the northeast?

Comment

I have about 5000 hrs on my Phill Unit and it is still running strong, after replacing an o-ring that is. This was done when Phill was out of business and there was no service help available. Found a post here talking about the o-ring. You may try this for a $.55 (yes cents) fix. Here is copy of my post...

"I had to replace the o-ring within the Phill compressor itself. The small metal pressure lines going to the compressor cylinder head has o-rings. Get the o-rings from a company that sells natural gas grade rings. These are not sold at Home Depot. The rings you need are high pressure, high temperature grade. Got mine for about $.55 and $5.00 in shipping."

Follow this thread... http://cngchat.com/forum/showthread....0588#post40588

Comment

I told you someone here could answer your question...
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_4586_1441434431016_578[/ATTACH]

Comment

[URL="http://www.brcfuelmaker.it"/URL] click on the dealer tab and enter USA. all the distributors come up and you can find the one nearest you. Call the nearest distributor (a distributor may cover a couple states) and they will tell you who is the nearest dealer to you.

The link above to the thread about the Oring doesn't work. I will assume the talk is about the Oring on the fitting at the 4th stage head which can have a tendency to be a leak point however this will have nothing to do with a worn out compression module which includes the 4th stage head. That is the one that takes the abuse doing the top pressure compression.

Comment

http://cngchat.com/forum/showthread....0588#post40588

Sorry. This thread should work. Mine is post #10. Symptom sounds similar to mine. It was not getting full pressure at first then would have an "internal Leak detection" code. May or may not work, but for $.55 ......

Hope you get it working.

PS. I tried the link and it works, but if it doesn't work, search for thread "Phill broke again (No pressure rise error)".
                    Last edited by sjseng; 03-11-2012, 10:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X