Whats the cost of a new compressor head for an FMQ-2 3000PSI

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats the cost of a new compressor head for an FMQ-2 3000PSI

I understand that rebuilt compressor heads are no longer available. Anyone know the cost of a new one. This is for an FMQ-2 3000 PSI.

• Curtis
    replied
    Re: Whats the cost of a new compressor head for an FMQ-2 3000PSI

I just posted the link to 2 on Ebay in the FM Forum. $695 for FM4, $795 for FM2-36.

Leave a comment:

• cngaz
    replied

BRC FuelMaker will no longer produce FM4 specific parts, but most of the parts are interchangeable with the FMQ2.
    Support for the Phill version 1 is also ending on any gen 1 specific parts.

Leave a comment:

• Lakewood90712
    replied

Are FM4 owners like me out of luck on parts support now ?

Leave a comment:

• cngaz
    replied

Rebuilt exchange compressor modules are available through Jan 30th, depending on when the BRC FuelMaker Distributor makes the change. Starting this past December, brand new Compressor modules were available to the authorized distributors shipped DHL direct from the factory. After Jan 30th rebuilding at Impco will cease and only new modules will be available, the warranty will be extended to 24 months or 2000 hours whichever comes first and the new compressor modules will no longer have the mandatory service interval of 4000 hours. Should help lower the overall cost per gallon! Once it runs to the point you can no longer stand how slow its pumping, then you can call for the distributor or dealer to come change it out! See www.brcfuelmaker.it for new list of authorized BRC FuelMaker Distributors.

Leave a comment:

• Lakewood90712
    replied

Karl,

It sure does look like "Run till failure" is the new way. All of the newer "Phil" no longer have the 6,000 hr limit, so it looks like the same way with the larger units now.

Leave a comment:

• karl
    replied

Does the new compression module from BRC work in an FM4 as well?
    The way I am reading this is: If they have new compression modules for FM4's I should just buy a new timer chip and run mine until it no longer compresses in a reasonable time frame and then send it in as a core on a new compression module.
    It seems like there is no point in preemptive rebuilding.
    Am I missing something?

Karl

Leave a comment:

• Lakewood90712
    replied

The core would be the finned casting . I sure hope if they are calling it new, ALL moving parts really are new.

Amfuel, can you post a photo of the compressor head opened up ? I saw such a photo somewhere on the net ,I can't remember where.

Leave a comment:

• Johnlaroux
    replied

Originally posted by Amfuel View Post
    BRC Fuel Maker is now providing new compression modules with a 1 year/1000 hr warranty and the hour meter no longer has the 4000 hour shut down programmed into it. There is a $300 core charge for the spent module. For pricing contact your local dealer.
    Why would there be a core charge on new equipment? It sounds like they are calling rebuilt units new and just doing away with the timer chip.
    Last edited by Johnlaroux; 01-17-2012, 12:07 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Amfuel
    replied

BRC Fuel Maker is now providing new compression modules with a 1 year/1000 hr warranty and the hour meter no longer has the 4000 hour shut down programmed into it. There is a $300 core charge for the spent module. For pricing contact your local dealer.

Leave a comment:

• cnghal
    replied

Johnlaroux,
    No longer available? I thought I heard they were still rebuilding, but with new parts instead of recycling parts like bearings and hoping they would last as they have done in the past.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X