I am fueling at home.. Woohoo!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I am fueling at home.. Woohoo!!

The installation is a easy if you have some mech/elect background. Make sure you gas line is at least 1 1/4 " if you are running off the standard 7"wc gas pressure line. You can buy elect and gas meters at Austin Inc....40 bucks each. The gas meter goes on the low pressure (inlet) side of the FMQ. Follow the manufactures instructions, this unit is not approved for indooor use

Let us know how it goes, good luck

Comment

the gas meter is 3/4 inch right ?? i did not think of an elect. meter !!!! thank you !!!

Comment

I believe they are 1" in and out. Over size your lines, I know it does not make much sense to run 1 1/4" to a 1" meter and then connect to a 1/2" at the FMQ but it works. I'm on my third FMQ install and all of the problems have been related to the size/pressure of the gas line.

Comment

Raising the pressure at the regulator is a simple remedy. The fuelmaker pumps fastest at higher pressure as well according to the specs in the manual.
          Ideally you would branch off for the fuelmaker and install a step down regulator, immediately after it for the rest of the house.

Karl

Comment

ok thank you ! but i do have 1 1/4 line to the home. i had the bigger meter put in when I installed the tankless hot water unit. and the gas co. regulator is before the meter. so i will tee in to it and put a 1 1/4 gas valve at the meter have a 20 ft 1 1/4 run then a valve before the flex line. and meter if i can get one nearby !!ok to you ?? or do you have something ???? thank you !!! p.s. this is a FMQ-2-36 install and do i need a meter for the tax man ??? i do not know how that works yet !!! can you help to get me on the right C N G road ???? thanks !!!!!
            Last edited by CNGCHUCK; 03-16-2012, 08:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X