X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kblock108
    started a topic Phil Issue

Phil Issue

I am posting this here becuase I have had good luck with you Curtis on getting me answers and hopefully you can help. My Phill is less than a year old and I noticed recently the red warning light came on, at the same time I noticed the refill time has taken a lot longer. My gas bill was always right around $100, but today I got my 350 bill. I think there is a leak of sorts, so who do I contact now that the company changed owners and does nayone have their contact information? Also, anyone have this same issue with maybe a quick fix? Thanks

• jean-charles
    replied
    Originally posted by Amfuel View Post
    Re: Phil Issue

Hi Krista,

A hose leak code is a leak and the hose but also the line back to the 4th stage head can be leaking. It could also be the connection at the car. The first test to do is leave the hose disconnected from the car (and if a 90 degree nozzle don't hang it up) and start the Phill. If it pressures up the hose and shuts off with all 5 level lights lit you probably need a new Oring in the vehicle receptacle.

If there is still an issue disconnect the nozzle at the breakaway and try it again. If the Phill passes the test it is the nozzle.

If it still leaks it is likely the hose. Even though it is a 12' hose it is recommended to not stretch it beyond 7' or 8'. I have seen numerous hose leaks from over stretching the hose. The way to test is to electronically sniff the exhaust air while the unit tries to start up. A hose leak is usually internal of the coiled plastic and will follow the hose up into the machine. The hose will need replacing in this scenario.

There are a couple possible causes for leaks internally but that if for a technician to identify and resolve.

If you need Orings, nozzle or hose you can PM me. I have them in inventory.

Cleaning the nozzle is accomplished by spraying a dry silicone into it. This is good for the receplacle on the car too.

The CA distributor is Mansfield Gas (formerly GESI) 909-466-6920
    Comment ?????, d├ębranchez la buse au point de rupture ?????????

Leave a comment:

• sjseng
    replied

Originally posted by lcovelli View Post
    I think I should just order a couple of each and see which one lasts the long haul…
    How long have you been using 03-113 sjeng?
    I've been using that O-ring for 2 years. I had to look at when I posted in the other thread.

Leave a comment:

• lcovelli
    replied

03-113 is a Fluorocarbon (Viton) with a hardness of 70
    where the 02-113 Buna-Nitrile has a hardness of 90

I think I should just order a couple of each and see which one lasts the long haul…
    How long have you been using 03-113 sjeng?
    Thanks Guys!

Leave a comment:

• sjseng
    replied

The part # I have is an 03-113. You need to have a rubber compound that will withstand the high pressure of the compressor.

Leave a comment:

• Amfuel
    replied

Buna-Nitrile

Leave a comment:

• lcovelli
    replied

Hi Tyler,
    I see 3 types of those O-rings (113) available on that website.
    Which ones do you use?
    Nitrile (02-113), Fluorocarbon(05-113), Neoprene(08-113)?
    Thanks

Leave a comment:

• sjseng
    replied

Check out this thread I posted in last year. http://cngchat.com/forum/showthread....re-rise-error)

I found the O-ring at Applied Indust. Tech. in Fairfield, CA. O-ring Part number size 113. I paid $5 in shipping for a $.55 O-ring. As you read, the only issue I had was I used the Honda Shin-Itsu grease and the O-ring slipped out. I ordered a few, and only replaced the 1 time so far.

I am now beyond 10,000 hours and had to have the hour meter disabled to allow the Phill to continue to fill. I now have 148,*** miles on my 2006 GX.

Tyler

Leave a comment:

• Amfuel
    replied

hehehe.... those of us blessed with boxes full of Orings (thousands) don't look at the size unless ordering them. The bags the Orings come in are usually of absolutely no help in identifying what is in the bag unless you diligently mark the bag as it comes in. The fit and comparison to the original Oring and a bit of a pinch test for hardness tells volumes. Try an auto parts store with the original in hand for comparison.

In the location you speak of - too soft of an Oring won't last as the high pressure gas can shred right through the Nbuna.

Leave a comment:

• lcovelli
    replied

Hi Jim,
    Yup simple O-ring but it cost 400 bucks (Travel) for a 5 dollar part!!
    Funny thing about that is that he was up in SF bay for the day with 3 service visits and mansfeld charges every stop 6hrs of travel!

The tech tried a direct replacement from Italy and it did not fit so he opened his box of tricks (full of O-rings, Looked like Greinger) and found the right size. Been working well.
    I wonder which O-ring he used, Does anyone have a spec. I can do that replacement in a snap!

Leave a comment:

• cal_mag
    replied

Did you ever fix this problem? Mine did something like this a few years ago and was fixed with a simple O-Ring...

Leave a comment:

• lcovelli
    replied

Hi Amfuel
    Thanks for your constant wisdom!

Purchased in 2010.
    Checked the hose & break away but has the same problem.
    The leak is inside, quite possibly the O-ring or fitting on the Head.
    The Startup procedure goes like so.

1) Press play
    2) Internal vent fan spins
    3) Compressor primes
    - Hissing begins, almost faintly and gets stronger
    4) Compressor stops
    - Hissing continues but dissipates with less pressure to nothing
    5) Compressor does not startup again but the warning light comes on.
    error code (01100)

I've seen that this issue is prevalent with many Phil Owners..
    Is this a field serviceable part? I would think by now that have trained repair techs in the US.
    Would I contact the installer (PASAIR), Supplier(M_GESI), Impco or BRC for service?
    Thanks,
    lcovelli

Leave a comment:

• Amfuel
    replied

If it is an old machine the Oring(s) could be dry and shrinking. Only way to find the culprit is to pull the shroud and sniff for leaks. (or listen in this case)

Leave a comment:

• lcovelli
    replied

Same issue here,
    noticed a hissing noise coming from inside the phil when the compressor engages for a couple of seconds during startup.
    soon after, I get a red light.
    must be the change in temp causing the leak on the fittings inside.
    Thoughts anyone?

Leave a comment:

• girlkunert
    replied

Can you just fix it for me? Wahhhh!

I guess I can show my plumber these helpful tips and see if he can fix it? I am not the greatest troubleshooter. I just know how to fill it up with gas.

Thank you so much. I have no idea what I am doing. I wish there was someone locally who knows how these things operate!! If we figure out the problem and we need a part, I will be sure to order it from you!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X