This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• honda liable

Does any one think Honda should be taken to court, regarding the fuelmaker Phil quality problems? Mine started having problems at 1600 hours. I believe the product had defects and Fuelmaker/Honda knew there where going to be many problems with servicing the units. So they dump us.

Now we are up a creek without a paddle, and Honda declines having been involved at all.

Seems to me they are liable, being the majority shareholder of the company and having a board of directors. Corporate liability law is a grey area on this matter. I am not sure if it's winnable.

Re: honda liable

sue the poop out of them no oil how can anyone think it will live just junk whothe -----can think it will live got eveyone whospent there cash just got -----d my thoughts cowboy I aint shy with them and good luck with the suit

Comment

Don't forget, both Fuelmaker and the numbered corporation (Honda) were both in Canada. Throw "that" into your gray area.
      Your Friendly Nazi Squirrel Administrator

Comment

That, plus the bankruptcy provides yet another layer of separation from outstanding responsibilities, especially since there is a new party who has accepted responsibility for warranty service (doesn't mean it has to be timely service).
        1997 Factory Crown Victoria w/ extended tanks ~~ Clunkerized!
        2000 Bi-Fuel Expedition --> ~~ Sold ~~ <--

Comment

It's a Small Claims amount of money so that kind of lawsuit is not expensive to file. You can't sue for ''performance" but you can try to hold Honda and or the dealer liable for selling it to you even though they didn't actually take your money (or did they?).
          02 GX
          01 GX
          03 Crown Vic
          06 GX
          Home Fueler

Comment

Originally posted by cnghal View Post
            Don't forget, both Fuelmaker and the numbered corporation (Honda) were both in Canada. Throw "that" into your gray area.
            Except Honda US is registered in California and Honda Inc. is registered in Japan, that still hasn't protected them from loosing class action lawsuits. There's no gray area there.

Comment

I see suing as a possibility since Honda undermined the consumers by allowing Fuelmaker to sell the Phill when at the same time was planning to push Fuelmaker into bankruptcy. I purchased the Phill in 02/09, installed on 04/09, and now on 05/09 the unit is not working and there is no way I can get it repaired, since they are not honoring the warranty.

What I need now is an attorney to seek advice!
              Last edited by vmora; 06-14-2009, 03:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by vmora View Post
                I see suing as a possibility since Honda undermined the consumers by allowing Fuelmaker to sell the Phill when at the same time was planning to push Fuelmaker into bankruptcy. I purchased the Phill in 02/09, installed on 04/09, and now on 05/09 the unit is not working and there is no way I can get it repaired, since they are not honoring the warranty.

What I need now is an attorney to seek advice!
                Please read the first post in the link here. http://cngchat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5037 The new owner , with it's US operations has stated they will honor service agreements. The US branch of the company is the old "Impco" folks. They have been in the gas fuel system business for about 50 years and have always supported even obsolete Impco products for me.

Sure you can use the legal system , It's your choice.
                Last edited by Lakewood90712; 06-14-2009, 06:46 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Thanks for the info. I will wait patiently until IMPCO gets organized to service us. However, in the meantime, my investment with the Phill is just sitting there without me ripping the benefit of its usage.

Victor

Comment

Latest FSS/FM Update

Fuel Systems Buys FuelMaker Assets
                    Source: CalNGV News
                    CalNGV News
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_4586_1441434431016_578[/ATTACH]

Comment

Phill in Omaha

http://www.ketv.com/news/19792555/detail.html

Comment

Re: Phill in Omaha

Sulthane: Good catch of the media being a day late and dollar short . Here I was thinking only the TV stations in Southern California broadcast anything without checking the source. The media will pump out anything , accurate or not !

Comment

Fuelmaker Sales

My impression is that Fuel systems has taken over supply and service for Phill and other FM products and that Honda will keep selling both. Is that right?

Comment

Re: Fuelmaker Sales

That's what we're hearing. The questionable aspect to it is that service may be out of Italy. Hopefully we'll see a field serviceable Phill unit in the future.
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_4586_1441434431016_578[/ATTACH]

Comment

I just had my FM4 serviced at GESI in Rancho Cucamonga, Ca. It showed an eror code 012 (Excessive blow down pressure) most likely due to a leaking check valve on my 2000 f-150. The unit needed other wear and tear items including a service cover and lid. They had a good supply of new parts and some good used parts. The bottom line is they did a great job and its running again. Joe

Comment

Working...
                              X