Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Van Air Systems In-line Desiccant Dryer - Model ID15

Hello,

I've read posts from other folks who've recommended installing Van Air's ID15 desiccant dryer upstream of a Fuelmaker FMQ unit. My question is, what gas pressure are you running through your dryer?

I installed mine this weekend, but am getting a low-pressure alarm on my FMQ-2-36 with the desiccant cartridge installed. When I remove the cartridge, the unit runs fine. The gas delivery being supplied at the meter is 8" H2O column. I don't have a manometer handy, so I can't tell how low the pressure is dropping after the dryer, but I intent to check that later this week.

Any input from others who've successfully used the ID15 would be appreciated.

Thank you!

I think there is about 1/2 psi pressure drop across the ID15. I get the meter set at 2 psi and regulate it down ahead of the ID15. Your shut off valve after the ID15 should have a test plug so a meter/monometer can be connected at will. If your house is on the same line it will need to be regulated down too at point(s) of use. Some appliances have internal regulators that can be adjusted. The FMQ2 will operate between 7"-14".wc. (1/4 to 1/2 psi)

Comment

Thanks for the informative reply. I'm limited to a gas supply pressure of 8" WC from my gas Utility, so it sounds like I may not be able to use the Van Air unit...

Comment

Working...
      X