FMQ2-P36 performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FMQ2-P36 performance

I could not find exact details on the performance or warranty, just the standard
    that it's 1gge/h and the warranty is for 2 years or 2000h.
    I also got info from the fuelmaker dealer that if the performance is less than 80% and verified by technician.

So my question is how is it verified? and is the performance exact 1gge/h at 3600psi?

An excellent question!

I'm curious about this as well

Comment

Here is the specifications chart from a manual.

The test tank comes with a list of model fill rate parameters.
      (I need to go out and check the sheet in the am to be exact but the FMQ2-36 fills a test tank in 12 minutes to be 100% as I recall)

The warranty is 2 years or 2000 hours, whichever occurs first.
      Attached Files

Comment

There was a test done and I was reading my gas meter. the test bottle used 0.168 thermal units. Does this equal the 0.2gge?

Comment

The key is, how many minutes did it take to fill the bottle?
          02 GX
          01 GX
          03 Crown Vic
          06 GX
          Home Fueler

Comment

.2 gge should be .23 therms
            02 GX
            01 GX
            03 Crown Vic
            06 GX
            Home Fueler

Comment

if 100% equates to a flow of 1gge/h that means in 12min the filled amount of gas is 0.2gge.
              Using the table from Amfuel with the rate of 1.8 SCFM, in 12min that should be 21.6 cubic-feet I should be reading on the gas meter.

Does that mean that 0.2gge or 21.6 cubic feet is the (uncompressed) volume packed into the test bottle @ 3600psi?

If my gas meter is correct it shows that I used 16.8 cubic feet to fill the bottle from 0 to 3600 psi that's 78% of what it should be, or dis I make a mistake somewhere?
              (I just checked my gas meter and the units are shown in cubic feet)
              Last edited by OhMyGas; 05-05-2016, 09:47 AM.

Comment

I've had both used and new FM2Q-36 Fuelmakers. The very best I ever did was 1.9 CFM average for the complete fill from 200 PSI through shutoff. Of course, as the compressor module wears, the output will drop. Your GGE will vary based on the heating value of the gas but the point is I have never gotten 2 CFM out of a FM2Q-36. So I guess the 2 in FM"2"Q is a "your mileage may vary"

Comment

If you notice on the chart, there is the:
                  FMQ2.0 (3000 psi) output is 2 cfm
                  FMQ2.5 (3000 psi) output is 2.5 cfm
                  FMQ2-36 (3600 psi) output is 1.8 cfm

Comment

So why don't they call it a FMQ1.8-36?

Comment

You need to ask the Canadian Honda people about that.

Comment

Originally posted by Amfuel View Post
                        Here is the specifications chart from a manual.

The test tank comes with a list of model fill rate parameters.
                        (I need to go out and check the sheet in the am to be exact but the FMQ2-36 fills a test tank in 12 minutes to be 100% as I recall)

The warranty is 2 years or 2000 hours, whichever occurs first.
                        is there a standard bottle size?
                        using the 12min and 1.8 scfm rate the volume of gas in the bottle should be 12x1.8 scf = 21.6 scf.
                        the bottle used for the performance test was only holding 16.8 cubic feet after the pump shut off at 3600psi and in 10min 30sec, which would result in a flow of 1.6 scfm only.

Comment

The test tank fill time for a FMQ2-36 is 13 min @ 60 hertz, 16 min @ 50 hertz

I don't see a spec on the test tank size and if it is actual on the kit the number is on the underside and inaccessible.

Comment

Working...
                          X