FMQ2-36 shutting off

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FMQ2-36 shutting off

I have a brand new FMQ2-36 that has been shutting off after 3 hours of fueling. It gives a blinking green light error, indicating a problem with the vehicle. However, I can fast fill without issue. Any ideas what is happening?

Re: FMQ2-36 shutting off

Who is the dealer who sold the fuelmaker to you ? Customer service is what they get the sales profit for.

Comment

From the manual:
      Green Light Flashing
      INCORRECT –The BRC FuelMaker VRA is shut down in an INCORRECT state but may be
      restarted by the User if the fault is corrected.
      The most common causes of an "INCORRECT" indication will be:
      • incorrect or damaged connection to the vehicle.
      • a closed gas supply shut-off valve.
      • a blockage of in the FuelMaker VRA air vents.
      • a faulty filling hose (e.g. leak)
      • excessive filling time (25 hours continuous running).

Press and hold the stop button. This will reveal the lights in an order. Note which lights (yellow, green, red) are on and which if any are flashing. The error code will help identify the issue. If you have a new machine you should have a manual with the code identifiers in the diagnostics section.

Comment

Note that these are only the 'most common' causes. There are others as well.

After a flashing green the first thing to try is a restart. Did you try that? Does it consistently shut off after a 3 hour run?
        02 GX
        01 GX
        03 Crown Vic
        06 GX
        Home Fueler

Comment

Originally posted by Amfuel View Post
          From the manual:
          Green Light Flashing
          INCORRECT –The BRC FuelMaker VRA is shut down in an INCORRECT state but may be
          restarted by the User if the fault is corrected.
          The most common causes of an "INCORRECT" indication will be:
          • incorrect or damaged connection to the vehicle.
          • a closed gas supply shut-off valve.
          • a blockage of in the FuelMaker VRA air vents.
          • a faulty filling hose (e.g. leak)
          • excessive filling time (25 hours continuous running).

Press and hold the stop button. This will reveal the lights in an order. Note which lights (yellow, green, red) are on and which if any are flashing. The error code will help identify the issue. If you have a new machine you should have a manual with the code identifiers in the diagnostics section.
          that is interesting that it would shut off after 25 hours if the tank is not full. if my pu is empty it would not be full as it holds 30 gge now I know that a phil is not for me as I use to much gas. but if that is what I had I would use it and I would want it to fill my tanks completely full.

Comment

that is interesting that it would shut off after 25 hours if the tank is not full. if my pu is empty it would not be full as it holds 30 gge now I know that a phil is not for me as I use to much gas. but if that is what I had I would use it and I would want it to fill my tanks completely full.
            The Q2 is default programmed for a 25 hour shut down. The limit can be turned off. The default limit is an extra safety feature.

Comment

I just checked the manual and my programmer and I don't see a '25 hour' shut-down. I think that's based on the tank size (140 or 280 liter, 140 default) so you can double the timeout by selecting 280 liter. But since 140 liters is 37 gal and your tank is less than that it shouldn't come into play.
              02 GX
              01 GX
              03 Crown Vic
              06 GX
              Home Fueler

Comment

You're right freed, I was thinking of the Phill having the 25 hour shut down. The Q2 is 37gge or 74gge. There is an option for continuous run but turns off a safety feature to accomplish that so I won't go any further into that. That may not be a parameter on the old field programmers though.

Comment

I had the same situation with my FMQ-2-36 in my prior home - the inlet pressure dropped too low when other gas appliances kicked on resulting in shutdown of the fill with a blinking green light. When we built the new home we got the 2 psi higher capacity service and haven't seen the issue since.

Comment

Yes, we have that problem if our pool heater kicks on while the FMQ is running. So we just don't run them at the same time. But it's not a problem with smaller gas appliances, including our spa heater. It can also be affected by the line size and distances from the meter.
                    02 GX
                    01 GX
                    03 Crown Vic
                    06 GX
                    Home Fueler

Comment

Hi, I have posted the problem of the green light blinking before.
                      It turned out that the hose was bent and I assume that the pressure / filling time was beyond the safety limits.
                      The way I found this out was simply to connect my spare hose. I had never thought about this potential cause before though.
                      My Fuelmaker FMQ 2 -30 is runnuing great now.

Comment

Working...
                      X