Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why I passed on Phill

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Re: Why I passed on Phill

    Originally posted by trdscfjc View Post
    Agree with amfuel...weigh the pros and cons, pro for fuelmaker is certification and permitting (if u do decide to get a permit)
    The pro for the coltri is price, convenience and fill rate (twice as fast as fuelmaker)

    Check this thread to get a idea on the mechanicals and if you would be comfortable with basic maintenance

    http://www.cngchat.com/forum/showthr...3852#post63852
    one of the best things about the coltri vs phil is that the coltri has oil in it and will be running when phil is dead and gone this is just my humble opinion but I would have to take one coltri over a pile of phils and if you have your gas and power run just hook it up and go now this is also just my opinion and not that of most of the people on the site
    Last edited by cowboy; 12-22-2013, 08:36 PM.

    Comment


    • #47
      Re: Why I passed on Phill

      Would also like to add for comparison coltri vs phill, fill rate is about 5 times faster with the coltri

      A full tank with a civic GX/Nat. Gas fill time is less then 4 hours from a empty tank for a full charge...phill will take over 16 hours

      Due to how much driving I do if if I were to use a phill it would be like Americas Tire using a emergency cigarette outlet powered electric tire pump to fill their customers tires
      Last edited by trdscfjc; 12-22-2013, 12:56 AM.

      Comment


      • #48
        Re: Why I passed on Phill

        Originally posted by trdscfjc View Post
        Would also like to add for comparison coltri vs phill, fill rate is about 5 times faster with the coltri

        A full tank with a civic GX/Nat. Gas fill time is less then 4 hours from a empty tank for a full charge...phill will take over 16 hours

        Due to how much driving I do if if I were to use a phill it would be like Americas Tire using a emergency cigarette outlet powered electric tire pump to fill their customers tires
        how true comparing a mickey mouse tire compressor to phil and both do not have oil!

        Comment


        • #49
          Re: Why I passed on Phill

          Cowboy - Which is it?

          Post #46
          "one of the best things about the coltri vs phil is it has oil in it"

          Post #48
          "and both do not have oil"

          You seem to be digging your heels in with apples to peaches comparison. The Phill is for commuters that have limited driving habits. Comparing the smallest machine on the market with a machine that is more suited to heavier consumption/longer driving habits is not common sense.

          I have no issue with the Coltri. I just want to make sure a potential purchaser gets all the info needed to make an informed decision.

          If Colri is properly certified for US installs why is this not stated or the paper made available. It would resolve that question immediately. Show that it has temperature compensation.

          This site in no way authorizes or promotes illegal activity, whether it is vehicle conversion or refueling equipment.

          Anyone can do what they want. Even stick their hand in a box that is full of snakes. Information about what is in the box is helpful prior to reaching in.

          Comment


          • #50
            Re: Why I passed on Phill

            Some company's offer the coltri with temp compensation...however they do cost a few thousand dollars more then a basic model...again make the decision for yourself....if you don't mind keeping a eye on your machine you can always shut the machine down manually based on ambient temperature, there is a chart floating around here somewhere that shows the pressure vs. Temperature compensation that you can use .....but if you live in a climate where the temp is pretty moderate it might not even be needed

            Comment


            • #51
              Re: Why I passed on Phill

              Originally posted by Amfuel View Post
              Cowboy - Which is it?

              Post #46
              "one of the best things about the coltri vs phil is it has oil in it"

              Post #48
              "and both do not have oil"

              You seem to be digging your heels in with apples to peaches comparison. The Phill is for commuters that have limited driving habits. Comparing the smallest machine on the market with a machine that is more suited to heavier consumption/longer driving habits is not common sense.

              I have no issue with the Coltri. I just want to make sure a potential purchaser gets all the info needed to make an informed decision.

              If Colri is properly certified for US installs why is this not stated or the paper made available. It would resolve that question immediately. Show that it has temperature compensation.

              This site in no way authorizes or promotes illegal activity, whether it is vehicle conversion or refueling equipment.

              Anyone can do what they want. Even stick their hand in a box that is full of snakes. Information about what is in the box is helpful prior to reaching in.
              both do not have oil is referring to the mickey mouse tire compressor and phil not the colri and as to the limited habits of some they would be way better off to buy the coltri as it has oil and it pumps much more per hour so it will run a lot less to pump the same amount of gas so less piston travel is less piston wear per gge. If the average driver that you are talking about with limited driving were to buy a coltri it would most likely still be running when the owners toes are turned up. again just my thoughts and not that of the site. as to sticking ones hand into a box of snakes it is illegal as we have a preacher facing charges for that right now. welcome to amerka land of the governed and home of the fearful
              Last edited by cowboy; 12-22-2013, 09:03 PM.

              Comment


              • #52
                Re: Why I passed on Phill

                Originally posted by trdscfjc View Post
                Some company's offer the coltri with temp compensation...however they do cost a few thousand dollars more then a basic model...again make the decision for yourself....if you don't mind keeping a eye on your machine you can always shut the machine down manually based on ambient temperature, there is a chart floating around here somewhere that shows the pressure vs. Temperature compensation that you can use .....but if you live in a climate where the temp is pretty moderate it might not even be needed
                shutting down manually is a bad idea as it is easy to get doing something else and forget

                Comment


                • #53
                  Re: Why I passed on Phill

                  Originally posted by cowboy View Post
                  shutting down manually is a bad idea as it is easy to get doing something else and forget
                  You can get a timer that automatically shuts the machine down...cheap fix

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Re: Why I passed on Phill

                    Originally posted by trdscfjc View Post
                    You can get a timer that automatically shuts the machine down...cheap fix
                    second pressure switch a much better idea with a switch to go high or low pressure

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Re: Why I passed on Phill

                      Originally posted by cowboy View Post
                      second pressure switch a much better idea with a switch to go high or low pressure
                      or that !

                      either way for me the decision was simple and the payoff has been well worth it...the rebuild of the fuelmaker would get old quick

                      check this out, http://littlemetalshop.com/ch4m5/ and just fyi as of at least 2011 all mch-5`s have stainless steel intercoolers

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Re: Why I passed on Phill

                        If a gallon an hour is not adequate for your needs and you are flying under the radar. The Coltri is suitable. (I guess) Don't forget to change the oil and filter ($50 - $80 gallon) and valve replacements at 500 hours.

                        The Phill is for commuters and those with limited driving habits. Lumping it in as inadequate for the need just speaks to ones volume requirements. No, the Phill or the Coltri for that matter will not fill a semi. One needs to step up to a larger compressor for that.

                        Or operate a BRC Fuel Maker maintenance free for 4x or longer between maintenance (compression module replacement) and have the parts inventoried in nearly every state for immediate delivery.

                        The FM modular design makes maintenance possible for even novice service oriented persons.

                        For larger machines Take a look at Bauer Compressors. The smallest competes with the FMQ8 and the 22 model sizes range from 4.5 gge/hr to 350 gge/hr. They are for fleet/commercial locations only. (5 cfm is the residential limit)

                        For every Bauer in a scrap yard you will find 30 of the other brand compressors. Bauer has a long history of longevity and quality.

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Re: Why I passed on Phill

                          the bauer compressor is in excess of 20,000$ if you got the scratch its a good machine, i called tulsa gas and they told me they do not recommend the fmq8 as they had terrible maintenance issues with them as well as the price (also in the 20,000$ range)

                          i went 1000 hours before my first valve replacement even then it was preventative as the machine was still pushing over 2 GGE/H

                          i have been able to source oil for about 40$/ gallon

                          i got my machine for about the same price as a fmq 2-36 and as the fill was over twice as fast the decision was easy but one will have to weigh the pros and cons

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X