Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FMQ-10 Inlet Pressure CHANGEOVER to 1.7kpa

Hello all,

Just wondering what would it take to change an existing FMQ-10 @ 6.9kpa Pressure to 1.7kpa???

Hope it it simple. I do not want to spend 5k on changing that.

Any ideas?

thanks
    Last edited by netdomain; 10-17-2012, 03:05 PM.

Re: FMQ-10 Inlet Pressure CHANGEOVER to 1.7kpa

I don't know the right answer to this but I would expect some of the Fuelmaker people will chime in on this. I seem to remember the lower inlet pressure units have a larger inlet line (1 1/4") compared to the higher pressure units. Also I am sure the low pressure transducer needs to be changed.

Comment

Just an FYI:
      6.9kPa ~ 28 inH2O ~ 1psi
      1.7kPa ~ 7 inH2O ~ 0.25psi

I'm sure most of you knew that already...

Comment

It would probably be more realistic to get your gas company to set you up with a high pressure feed. Of course, you would have to install regulators for all your appliances to drop the pressure back down unless you can convince your gas company to run you a separate line. Mine wouldn't

Comment

Along same lines as Holtek, why couldn't overall pressure at site be increased by putting in high pressure meter and regulator, then immediately running NG supply line to FMQ10 at the higher 28 in WC? Then the NG supply would need a low pressure regulator that would keep house at 7 in WC or approx 1/2 psi.

Comment

Originally posted by KSneedsCNG View Post
            Along same lines as Holtek, why couldn't overall pressure at site be increased by putting in high pressure meter and regulator, then immediately running NG supply line to FMQ10 at the higher 28 in WC? Then the NG supply would need a low pressure regulator that would keep house at 7 in WC or approx 1/2 psi.
            Thankyou very much for comments.

I already talked to my gas company but they do not allow higher pressure or more than 7" WC at the house.

One more question. Is FMQ-10 legal to install at the residential space? Safety ratings should be same as FMQ-2???

Comment

I don't think you will find the FMQ-10 is elegible for residential use. I'm pretty sure it is not certified as a "appliance" as the old FM4's and the FM2-Q's and it may be over the flow limit for residental units -- at least in the U.S. Regulations might be different where you are. Also you will be hard pressed to get the flow through your residential meter to supply the unit unless you have a really big meter.

Comment

My understanding is new Q series compressors can be ordered with a low pressure option. However I have never tried to find out about it. (no call to) There are no parts in the catalogue relating to this either.

The Q series compressors are certified as appliances. They generally are not for residential install as there are noise issues. They run at 66 db. If you are fairly remote it might be OK but if you want the neighborhood to kill you... I'm not aware of any legal restrictions to an install. The gas usage will be right at the max for residential (Q8) if not in excess. (Q10) only your local regulatory juristiction folks can answer that. (OK or forbid)

Comment

Originally posted by Amfuel View Post
                  My understanding is new Q series compressors can be ordered with a low pressure option. However I have never tried to find out about it. (no call to) There are no parts in the catalogue relating to this either.

The Q series compressors are certified as appliances. They generally are not for residential install as there are noise issues. They run at 66 db. If you are fairly remote it might be OK but if you want the neighborhood to kill you... I'm not aware of any legal restrictions to an install. The gas usage will be right at the max for residential (Q8) if not in excess. (Q10) only your local regulatory juristiction folks can answer that. (OK or forbid)
                  I contacted the gas company and they said they can give me a bigger meter.

But for pressure I am stuck at 1.7 kpa (0.25psi)

I think I might have to add a booster to increase the pressure from 0.25psi to 1.25 psi (obviously it has to be safe and certified for natural gas use)

What do you guys think?

Comment

Working...
                  X