FMQ - CF Meter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FMQ - CF Meter

Just finished a quick project to add a CF Meter to my FMQ2-36. (Picture attached). This was a 'clearance' item from Grainger, a simple, dry contact, up/down counter with reset feature. I have an odometer type sub-meter base installed just prior to my Molecular Sieve Stack. The meter has a dry contact output that I had not connected to anything for the first three years. Finally after getting tired of kneeling every morning to look at the meter under the burning bush, I decided to play around with it and came up with this. Now, I directly read my daily fill in CF and reset to ZERO after a complete fill. Thought I'd share this as an FYI. You could let the counter run from new and keep track to total CF as an indication of life remaining prior to a rebuild, a bit more precisely than the LED method. Uses simple two lead bell wire, fished through the conduit with the electrical, into the FMQ.
    Attached Files
    '11 Fusion Bi Fuel & FMQ2-36 VRA
    (Former owner '09 Civic GX)

Re: FMQ - CF Meter

Looks nice.
    I also have a gas meter in line to the pump, It is an analog meter and it has a wire hanging out in the front with 3 leads.
    I always wondered what those are for. I suppose those wires connect to the dry counter?
    Do you have the Grainger item#?
    Possible a picture of the wiring?

Comment

Originally posted by Convert2CNG View Post
      Looks nice.
      I also have a gas meter in line to the pump, It is an analog meter and it has a wire hanging out in the front with 3 leads.
      I always wondered what those are for. I suppose those wires connect to the dry counter?
      Do you have the Grainger item#?
      Possible a picture of the wiring?
      Here is the photo. My meter had two wires. I used a multi meter to watch the open/close go from 0 to 1 with continuity setting. There are just 2 contacts on the meter.

Counter.jpg

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/RED...PW3?Pid=search
      Last edited by raskell; 10-10-2012, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Sweet, I'll have to pull the little cover off mine to see if there are the wires hiding in there. It would be really nice to see what the daily use is.

Comment

FrankenBox.jpgWith a little home automation project, I also made this readable anywhere inside the house. (Just needs an A/C 120V power) I also get to see in real time that the pump is running and when it stops, so I know when to go outside to unhook my car without having to make multiple trips to check it. This is looking like an easier winter season coming.
          Last edited by raskell; 10-11-2012, 07:25 AM.

Comment

@AmFuel -
            Did you find any little wires hiding out?

Comment

That is a get round to it project. Lot of projects going on right now.

Comment

Update, after several weeks of testing, this device set-up has proven to be reliable. On a daily reset & retest, the largest observed difference from the analog meter to the counter on the CNG pump, to this 'mobile' meter has been 1 CF which is attributable to the starting position (on or OFF) on the frankenbox.

Comment

Working...
                X