Hey gang, CNGchat needs your help!

For over a decade we have enjoyed providing this little corner of the Internet for folks to discuss all things natural gas vehicles. It is the largest forum of its kind: with some 70,000 posts on over 11,000 topics. But with continued low gasoline & diesel prices and strong automaker support for electric vehicles, consumer interest in CNG has dropped considerably, and with it has visitor traffic here. As a result, Google ad revenues no longer cover hosting fees.

If you find CNGchat to be a useful resource then please consider making a modest donation to support keeping this remarkable pool of knowledge available to the alternative fuels community. Thanks!

See more
See less

new cng compressor from Coltri...looks good

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new cng compressor from Coltri...looks good

Watch "MCH-14/ET CNG Nuovo Compressore per metano" on YouTube

Looks like a real nice design (5.5 KW, 6.7 HP 3-phase)..single piece machine, looks like the control box is built into the cabinet with a methane detector

my italian is a little rusty but it looks like this thing may be temp. compensated.
    Last edited by trdscfjc; 06-04-2015, 03:42 PM.

Re: new cng compressor from Coltri...looks good

My Italian is not that rusty, but there are a lot of technical terms that I am not familiar with. Nonetheless, I only saw in the video information on temperature gauges as safety measures. I do not think this compressor is temperature compensated. I think if it were temperature compensated (temperatura compensato, compensazione di temperatura, compensazione al ambiente termpratura, o qualcosa del genere) it would be prominent in the video. It was not. I followed the link below the video to the Coltri website. It does not show this model yet.
    '12 Blue Mist Metallic Civic Natural Gas; '03 Galapagos Green Civic GX; '07 Alabaster White Civic GX

I sold two pieces and put into operation.a lot of problems with the electronic unit.