Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

look what I found lurking in my 3rd stage head (MCH5)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: look what I found lurking in my 3rd stage head (MCH5)

called nuvair, the fittings that came with the new head are for the new style mch5`s, my machine is an older model and the new fittings will not work with the old style intercooler tubes, mitch@nuvair has been very helpful in getting this sorted and has come up with some options for me to get this new head working on my machine....fittings should be shipping first part of next week

Comment

just got back from Nuvair, 230 miles (round trip)....I was told over the phone to not drill/tap the new red head so I loaded up the compressor in my truck and drove it to Nuvair so they could get a first hand look at what I was dealing with, they said they could fit the new head and do the necessary modifications for 190$, went for a long lunch and came back to a freshly installed red head mch5.

Pumping efficiency is much better I am now getting 3.25 CFM @ 1500 PSI, 2.75-3.0 CFM @ 3500 psi, so the saga is over it seems....im not sure if it was the cylinder or the valve or the rings in the old style head/piston assembly but the newly designed valve/piston/head configuration seems to be the winner... I will update on how things look down the road, but for a 3500 HR. machine im very pleased with this output
      Last edited by trdscfjc; 08-03-2015, 11:27 PM.

Comment

glad to see you got it worked out and pumping properly. it has obviously been a long journey.

Comment

Originally posted by flatracker View Post
          glad to see you got it worked out and pumping properly. it has obviously been a long journey.
          yes it has...tyvm

Comment

Congrats on wrapping up your compressor rebuild project.
            It would be great if you could take all the key pieces of information you learned along the way and condense it to one post the moderators might consider making a "sticky note" or whatever the first visible threads are called.
            I am curious what your interstage pressures are and what your blowby rates are at 100 psi, 600 psi and 3000 psi (or whatever the normal operating range is for each stage).
            It would also be really helpful to put the aftermarked part numbers for the bearings and any other consumables you located along the way

Thanks,
            Karl

Comment

going to bring this to a close, will continue in the summary thread

Comment

Working...
              X