Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

look what I found lurking in my 3rd stage head (MCH5)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: look what I found lurking in my 3rd stage head (MCH5)

while you have the cylinder off measure it for taper , out of round, piston to cylinder clearance, and measure your ring gaps before installing. It's time to quit throwing parts at it and start to verify where your at. Measuring parts is MUUUUUUch cheaper than replacing good parts for no reason.

Comment

only problem i see is without the added weight of the water to drop it out the oil is now going into your vehicle tank

Comment

Also have a Parker filter on outbound side of compressor to catch oil....since using the 13X the filter bowl is dry and the element looks dry and clean. I am confident that the 13X is doing a fantastic job.

Comment

cngtenesse. My issue with your Parker filter is that like our Joe's it sits the wrong side of the filter tower so catches the oil etc after the MS &/or AC already did. So is largely not doing all it could. See my other posts on this. I'd put a large bet that sitting on the end of the line it may pick up something but stays largely dry.

See: http://www.cngchat.com/forum/showthr...guration/page2
          Last edited by BritCNGUser; 03-26-2015, 10:09 AM.

Comment

Hyper the total limit for sulfur of any kind in pipeline gas is 17 parts per million that includes sulfur ,mercaptan and hydrogen sulfide totaled together, that is less than .00017% . That miniscule amount is not showing up as powder in your compressor. The fine powder is most likely wear compounds from your compressor, one of the drawbacks to non oil lubricated compressors.

Comment

Originally posted by flatracker View Post
              Hyper the total limit for sulfur of any kind in pipeline gas is 17 parts per million that includes sulfur ,mercaptan and hydrogen sulfide totaled together, that is less than .00017% . That miniscule amount is not showing up as powder in your compressor. The fine powder is most likely wear compounds from your compressor, one of the drawbacks to non oil lubricated compressors.
              The powder is definitely coming from the gas. It also builds up on the motor windings and stator as the gas travels through the motor first and then into the compressor (Fuelmaker). I'm not the only one with this problem. It's called sour gas. Some states and municipalities are worse than others with this sour gas. In an oil lubed compressor, you won't see it in powder form, but it will be mixed in with the oil.
              Last edited by hypermilinggx; 03-26-2015, 03:27 PM.

Comment

If your getting sour gas from a municipal gas line someone is breaking the law.there is no way that gas that meets pipeline standards would be breaking out powdered sulfer at low pressure in your motor. Have you had this powder analyzed to see what it actually is ?

Comment

Originally posted by flatracker View Post
                  If your getting sour gas from a municipal gas line someone is breaking the law.there is no way that gas that meets pipeline standards would be breaking out powdered sulfer at low pressure in your motor. Have you had this powder analyzed to see what it actually is ?
                  I've thought about having it analyzed, but there is no point. The powder is beige in color and is probably mostly sulphur. The gas company would tell me how many millions of customers that they have and I'm the only one complaining about their gas. "The gas burns fine in water heaters, stoves, furnaces, and clothes dryers, but clogs up your compressor? HaHa, too bad." I just have to clean it up myself with the molecular sieve. Hopefully that doesn't get too expensive. I only use 3 or 4 gge's per day in my Honda Civic.

Comment

20150326_213400.jpg

Let's see how far I can take it down....

Comment

LoL.....this is fun !

20150326_221847.jpg20150326_221847.jpg

Comment

20150326_224318.jpg
                        Enough fun for 1 night

The reason I pulled the block is because the needle bearing would not go in the rod end evenly....I think I'm going for a full rebuild will post updates
                        Last edited by trdscfjc; 03-27-2015, 10:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rcontrera View Post
                          I haven't been able to figure out what is happening with the CNG machines. For air use, we have a TON of air compressors in the field that have ten thousand hours or more and they pump to 4500 psi! There are a couple of dive shops in FL that have their 500 hour service done every four to six weeks and have been doing it for several years. I would expect more failures on air than CNG since you pump to 3200 and air is pumped much higher. The only real differences I can see is that the inlet CNG is usually not as clean/dry as air and quite a few of the CNG operators use foreign oils instead of what Coltri specifies.
                          ray i assume these 4500psi dive shop compressors are four stage as opposed to the mch5 three stage, air over cng should have no effect on rod load yet we are seeing multiple rod failures. one aspect i wonder about is the mch5 being enclosed in a cabinet and what effect that is having on lube temperatures.

Comment

Originally posted by cngtennessee View Post
                            Also have a Parker filter on outbound side of compressor to catch oil....since using the 13X the filter bowl is dry and the element looks dry and clean. I am confident that the 13X is doing a fantastic job.
                            Glad to hear you also find success with the 13X. This is now the second winter in a row I have driven without moisture related issues. There is something to this dust issue too, as I am on residential gas, its really wet here in Ohio and the 13x cures it. I too have noticed less dust accumulations.

R.
                            '11 Fusion Bi Fuel & FMQ2-36 VRA
                            (Former owner '09 Civic GX)

Comment

Originally posted by raskell View Post
                              Glad to hear you also find success with the 13X. This is now the second winter in a row I have driven without moisture related issues. There is something to this dust issue too, as I am on residential gas, its really wet here in Ohio and the 13x cures it. I too have noticed less dust accumulations.

R.
                              By "dust", you mean the powder buildup inside your Fuelmaker I assume.

Comment

Originally posted by BritCNGUser View Post
                                Pure perverted filth. You dirty thing, we are disgusted.

I am afraid I have copped-out of this one. Having got to the point where I believe my own BS and now seem to be looking only where the sun don't shine I have a compressor tech coming to see mine on Friday. I have thrown too much time and money at this thinking I was being clever and this guy charges far less than I have been spending on parts for 1-2 hours of his time. I don't think I have issues with my lower-end it seems tight, my Coltri pressure maintaining / back pressure / priority Valve arrived today. Will post pics fitted and let you all know the techs verdict.
                                Inquiring minds want to know, what did you find out????

Comment

Working...
                                X