Olmeva USA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Olmeva USA

Has anyone had any hands on experience with this company and/or any of their compressors. It appears they have some knowledge in the compressor arena? http://www.olmevausa.com/#!cnghomerefill/c1z4z

think I have seen these on ebay from china under a different name

Comment

They do not meet NFPA standards. I was going to guess Chinese built my self.

Comment

The metano they have on their site is an Italian compressor iirc

Comment

The manual says that it requires at least 4 psi inlet pressure, and a maximum of 5 psi. It also says that you can only run it for four or five hours maximum at a time, and then it must be shut off and allowed to completely cool down before using it again. The manual does have complete exploded diagrams with all of the part numbers, though.

Comment

Thas a deal breaker, I run my mch-5 for 14+ hours non stop on occasion

Comment

Inlet pressure is a easy fix with a new regulator (100-175$) and or spring change (15$)

Comment

Yeah, I adjust my own line pressure by changing the regulator spring too, but good luck getting the gas company to give you more than 2 psi at your home.

Comment

the more I look it looks like a coltri clone. I don't know why it is that it needs 4 psi as it looks like the same compressor that they are selling for paint ball and scuba if need be one could run a booster compressor

Comment

no gas booster, just use a different regulator. This one costs 80$ and can adjust to 6psi

?http://www.ebay.com/itm/SENSUS-143-8...oAAOSweW5Vc7SF

H?MGX, if your reg max outs at 2 psi just swap out the reg, chances are your pre reg pressure is over 10 psi.....mine is well over 20
                    Last edited by trdscfjc; 04-16-2016, 05:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by trdscfjc View Post
                      no gas booster, just use a different regulator. This one costs 80$ and can adjust to 6psi

?http://www.ebay.com/itm/SENSUS-143-8...oAAOSweW5Vc7SF

H?MGX, if your reg max outs at 2 psi just swap out the reg, chances are your pre reg pressure is over 10 psi.....mine is well over 20
                      That's the regulator I was going to go with when I get my Davey together. I have 80 psi street pressure ahead of my regulator.

Comment

Sweet, let us know how it goes

Comment

Why do you think the compressor can only run for 4-5 hours?

Comment

Originally posted by cngtennessee View Post
                            Why do you think the compressor can only run for 4-5 hours?
                            That is what the operating manual says. It doesn't make any sense. It has a cooling fan and if the temperature is kept under control and it can run for four or five hours straight without a problem, it should be able to run fourteen hours straight without a problem. That would be like saying you need to give your car a rest and cool down every four or five hours when taking long trips. That's kinda silly.

Comment

The manufacturer knows the equipment capabilities quite well. With this duty cycle limitation, they are telling you it's a non commercial hobby use compressor.For weekend scuba or paint ball use, it could last indefinitely.That was what it was intended for when originally designed.. Adapted to cng, it has severe limits.

Comment

Working...
                              X