Ford F150 5.0L

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ford F150 5.0L

I was fortunate to be able to speak with the NatGasCar folks at the Tri State Expo in PA recently. (I also spoke with Louis from PowerFuel, who does similar things with the F150 5.0.) The new system has several new features. One that I like is the ability to mix gas with CNG for performance and engine wear issues. Also, the system ties in directly with Ford's engine control system. Louis' system does much the same but also starts mixing gas with CNG as pressure drops so that all of the CNG gets used. I'm not an engineer, so I can't get too technical, but I liked what I saw and heard.

Re: Ford F150 5.0L

Most major systems have this function... and others... just FYI.

Comment

Re: Ford F150 5.0L

Originally posted by natgasman2014 View Post
      I was fortunate to be able to speak with the NatGasCar folks at the Tri State Expo in PA recently. (I also spoke with Louis from PowerFuel, who does similar things with the F150 5.0.) The new system has several new features. One that I like is the ability to mix gas with CNG for performance and engine wear issues. Also, the system ties in directly with Ford's engine control system. Louis' system does much the same but also starts mixing gas with CNG as pressure drops so that all of the CNG gets used. I'm not an engineer, so I can't get too technical, but I liked what I saw and heard.
      If you lift the hood of a 5.0L F150 (PowerFuel, NatGasCar, M-Tech Solutions) or if you lift the hood of a (Westport bi-fuel, Altech-Eco, LandiRenzo, Venchurs) F250, you will see one common item: the AFCM. The AFCM appears to be common between all these EPA-Approved converters of Ford. Further, it appears that the AFCM (Alternative Fuel Control Module) is a genuine Ford part. It almost as if these guys hang whatever fuel plumbing they like on the Ford vehicle but the brains are all the same. Further, the brains live inside a Ford silver box.

Photo: http://www.altecheco.com/pages/F250.html

Thus I am guessing that Ford is in control of the brains on these bi-fuel vehicles and the customer is left to shop for his favorite fuel plumber and price. Happy shopping.

Comment

Working...
      X