X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IMPCO Adds 2011 Bi-Fuel Certification for Ford Trucks

[ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_4586_1441434431016_578[/ATTACH]

Re: IMPCO Adds 2011 Bi-Fuel Certification for Ford Trucks

My interest is in purchasing a new Ford Transit Connect mini-van. Any word on bi-fuel CARB certification from IMPCO (or anyone else) for Ford Transit Connect? My information is that the only EPA certified bi-fuel system for Transit Connect is Altec-ECO for 2010 model and their Certificate was limited to 20 conversions-what does that imply? Also, I reside in CA and assume I need a CARB certified system. Is there any legal work around that would enable long term use of the Altec bifuel system in CA? I'm tied into a farm in Oregon and could register the vehicle in Oregon but CA frowns on long term CA use without CA registration.

Comment

See this thread. http://cngchat.com/forum/showthread....onnect-bi-fuel post # 5. As far as I know, the conversion either has to have a carb Exec. Order approving the conversion, or the vehicle came from the oem already converted when originally delivered out of state. If you can drive it in ca without getting caught . Oregon drivers lic and plates will buy some time, but sooner or later someone in a car with blue and red lights will take notice, cng or not.

The "20" conversions is for reduced fees. All of the conversion companies would gladly pay full fees if they got more orders.

Comment

Looks like GM will offer the IMPCO bi-fuel option on Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra in 2012. Read an article on Fox News about it today (10-4-2011). Looks like evryone is getting excited again - hope they all don't jump ship like they did 5-6 years ago.

Just need someone to take up the VRA torch and not drop it in the water.

As always - just my opinion here.

Comment

Working...
        X