Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 Chevy 1500 Cold Weather sets codes when below -20F

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 2012 Chevy 1500 Cold Weather sets codes when below -20F

    I have an CNG bi-fuel system setup by O.E.M. Systems in Oklahoma summer og 2012.

    I live in Minnesota at -20F I get a code set even when the truck is warmed up any time I ask for power over 1 500 rpm, aka I put my foot in it. The truck will misfire shutter and set codes.

    G.M code is P0301, impco set a code P1649.

    Has anyone used the Sequential Plug & Drive - Durability Panel and setup a Cold Weather Strategy?

    I am running a level 2 flash on the ECM

    I can get it to pop any time I out side temp reads -5F.

    Any suggestions?

  • #2
    Re: 2012 Chevy 1500 Cold Weather sets codes when below -20F

    Do you know if it has the IMPCO heated fuel rail retrofit installed ? IIRC, later versions had an improvrd fuel injector design, not needing the heated fuel rails. Send a PM to John Mitton, he may have a contact at Impco to find help find a solution.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: 2012 Chevy 1500 Cold Weather sets codes when below -20F

      Originally posted by Lakewood90712 View Post
      Do you know if it has the IMPCO heated fuel rail retrofit installed ? IIRC, later versions had an improvrd fuel injector design, not needing the heated fuel rails. Send a PM to John Mitton, he may have a contact at Impco to find help find a solution.
      Yes I have the heated fuel rails and engine temp on the dash shows 210f, impco error is recording
      temp at 39c.

      I want to chat with someone as we just popped up to 23f outside. It may be a while before I can program using D rivability Cold Weather Strategy tab on 3.02 level of Plug & Drive.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: 2012 Chevy 1500 Cold Weather sets codes when below -20F

        Originally posted by Lakewood90712 View Post
        Do you know if it has the IMPCO heated fuel rail retrofit installed ? IIRC, later versions had an improvrd fuel injector design, not needing the heated fuel rails. Send a PM to John Mitton, he may have a contact at Impco to find help find a solution.
        Do you have the address for a PM for Mr. Mutton?

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: 2012 Chevy 1500 Cold Weather sets codes when below -20F

          Originally posted by biceps018 View Post
          Do you have the address for a PM for Mr. Mutton?
          info is at the end of this thread
          http://www.cngchat.com/forum/showthr...highlight=sale

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: 2012 Chevy 1500 Cold Weather sets codes when below -20F

            If the truck already has heated fuel rails there is likely other issues involved. Misfire codes generally point to faulty injection so you may need to replace one or more injectors. Also, have you changed the fuel filter recently? This might alone solve the problem, as any moisture in the gas at low ambient temperatures will clog the fuel lines and injectors. If the fuel filter is full of gunk this only amplifies the problem. Be sure to close off the CNG tank(s) completely, run the engine on CNG until the engine stalls, and then carefully bleed the line. If you are unsure of the procedure, do not attempt!

            If you haven't done this already, suggest you first contact OEM Systems to work on your behalf with IMPCO.
            http://oemsystems.net/index.php?pr=Contact_Us

            You might also try contacting IMPCO directly:
            http://impco-asap.com/cms/home/Techn...upport_Request

            Good luck, and let us know how you get along.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: 2012 Chevy 1500 Cold Weather sets codes when below -20F

              Originally posted by John Mitton View Post
              If the truck already has heated fuel rails there is likely other issues involved. Misfire codes generally point to faulty injection so you may need to replace one or more injectors. Also, have you changed the fuel filter recently? This might alone solve the problem, as any moisture in the gas at low ambient temperatures will clog the fuel lines and injectors. If the fuel filter is full of gunk this only amplifies the problem. Be sure to close off the CNG tank(s) completely, run the engine on CNG until the engine stalls, and then carefully bleed the line. If you are unsure of the procedure, do not attempt!

              If you haven't done this already, suggest you first contact OEM Systems to work on your behalf with IMPCO.
              http://oemsystems.net/index.php?pr=Contact_Us

              You might also try contacting IMPCO directly:
              http://impco-asap.com/cms/home/Techn...upport_Request

              Good luck, and let us know how you get along.

              Thanks. I did change the fuel filter not 2,000 miles ago. So I don't think it is that. Got it

              to sputter this morning at 20 degrees now. I spoke with OEM Systems 800 miles away they had no clue.

              So I will try I MPCO.

              Thank you
              Gordy Thomas

              Comment

              Working...
              X