2001 Ford F150 Gas leak

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 Ford F150 Gas leak

Purhcased truck last weekend,, for the last 2 years its only been driven about 400 miles. So far I've driven it almost 400 miles in the past 3 days and all of the sudden I'm smelling gas leaking and my fuel gauge is dropping pretty quick. Any ideas? Is this something I could repair myself? All Ford dealership service departments around here are telling me they dont touch CNG's. Appreciate anyones help.

Re: 2001 Ford F150 Gas leak

Check and tighten the fittings on the lines around your gas filter on the frame (under the truck) below the cng tank. Bubbles with soapy water will show any leaking. I had a leak there a few months ago on mine. I understand that another trouble spot are the o-rings in the fuel nozzle- no problems there yet on my trucks.
    Last edited by rtry9a; 05-10-2011, 09:49 AM.

Comment

Re: 2001 Ford F150 Gas leak

UPDATE: Turns out my mechanic had to: Replace the o-ring injectors and correctly mount injectors. CNG injector O-Rings cost me 56.72 and it was 2 hours labor. Likely with the truck barely being used the past 2 years the 0-ring seals deteriorated. My mechanic said the vehicle should have been drained of the fuel and de-pressurized before it just sat for that long. Back on road now.

Comment

Working...
      X