Hey gang, CNGchat needs your help!

For over a decade we have enjoyed providing this little corner of the Internet for folks to discuss all things natural gas vehicles. It is the largest forum of its kind: with some 70,000 posts on over 11,000 topics. But with continued low gasoline & diesel prices and strong automaker support for electric vehicles, consumer interest in CNG has dropped considerably, and with it has visitor traffic here. As a result, Google ad revenues no longer cover hosting fees.

If you find CNGchat to be a useful resource then please consider making a modest donation to support keeping this remarkable pool of knowledge available to the alternative fuels community. Thanks!

See more
See less

CNG Chevy Trax / Buick Encore

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CNG Chevy Trax / Buick Encore

Come check out the 2015 CNG Buick Encore with its 250 mile range this turbo charged crossover is the right-sized physique provides the elevated visibility of a small SUV with the parking ease of a compact car. These conversions are available for Chevy Trav and Buick Encore both are available in AWD models. Call Lancer Automotive Group at 801-268-8863 or email to schedule your test drive.
    Lancer Automotive Group
    3687 South 300 West
    Salt Lake City UT 84115

Visit our Facebook pages

Bi-fuel or CNG only ?

• Lancer Automotive Group
      Editing a comment
      These are dictated only, but we are getting about a 250 mile range currently here in Utah

What's tank size (GGE) and where is tank located?

Yes, that's a right-sized vehicle for today.
    Sold GX

will the be CARB approved for Ca. cng drivers? if so, will it meet the SULEV standard for carpool access?

I would like to know as well.

Jeopardy theme

Originally posted by trdscfjc View Post
            will the be CARB approved for Ca. cng drivers? if so, will it meet the SULEV standard for carpool access?
            If you give them a firm order for at least 500 . Remember SULEV puts them on the hook for 15 years/150k miles emissions warranty. Its a much bigger deal than just certification costs.

Not sure if PZEV - AT might meet the carpool emissions standard without the 15 year warranty.

If the GSA and/or the State of CA was buying cng vehicles again , it would happen.

Government purchases of alt fuel vehicles are politically motivated IMO. Just follow the money. It isn't toward cng these days.
            Last edited by Lakewood90712; 11-11-2015, 11:24 AM.

I'd guess around 8 or 9 gge tank as those get around 30 mpg so approx 250 mile range.

Great to hear of new CNG vehicles becoming available. Any state fleets purchasing these Buick dedicated CNG Encores ??

Hello All, My apologies for just now responding to your questions. The Chevy Trax/Buick Encore is equipped with a type 3 cylinder and has a capacity of 8.7 gge. In our testing, this vehicle equipped with the 1.4L Turbo engine, has been averaging 200-230 city miles and around 260-300 highway miles. We are certifying the vehicle for EPA states only. We would consider the costs of the ARB certification, as this vehicle has a bit longer in its life cycle. If you'd like to see the pre-production Encore CNG, please call Scott or Lance at Lancer Automotive Group 801-268-8863. We will make a post when the vehicle receives its certification and is cleared for production, slated in December 2015. Model years that are applicable are 2014-2016 Encore and 2015-2016 Trax, Thanks for the questions, if you would like to chat with me, my number is 586-884-6935, Best, Kevin Fern