X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which NGV do you drive?

Which NGV make do you drive?

If you own more than one NGV, then only mark the one you drive the most. This is a multiple choice poll. Example, if you mark that you own a Honda Civic GX (Natural Gas now), then also mark that you drive dedicated. If you mark that you own a Chevy, Ford, or Dodge, then also mark if it is dedicated or bi-fuel.
    Honda Civic GX (Natural Gas)
    31.25%
    Chevrolet
    12.50%
    Ford
    14.84%
    Dodge
    3.91%
    Other OEM
    1.56%
    Aftermarket Conversion
    7.03%
    Bi-fuel, Dual Fuel
    16.41%
    Dedicated
    12.50%
    Jared.
    Mountain Green, Utah
    2003 CNG Cavalier
    2003 CNG Silverado 2500HD

Re: Which NGV do you drive?

1994 Crown Victoria Bi-fuel Bowgen System. Just bought the car from the City of Thomson Georgia. The fill is under the hood of the vehicle and it has a female receptacle looking to accept a male fill head. The diameter is around 1/2". Has anyone seen a system like this before and have any input to offer, or know of anyone who could help. Any input that will help is highly appreciated, Thanks

Comment

2000 Civic GX... until it was totalled in a hit and run.

Comment

Jeep. Bifuel cng/ propane

Comment

Ford e-250 Dedicated. Let me ask a question. Should I begin to assemble a parts inventory for this van? I mean some of the stories on this site of part costs are scary. Also where should I but these parts? Online or retail? Lastly, which part(s) are most likely to fail? Should I carry parts in the van? Any advise will help, I feel like a fish out of water, but learning more everyday. JW

Comment

With the Ford van being dedicated, it should provide many years of service and LOTS of miles!! I've seen used Ford vans that were used as airport shuttles with 300,000 and even 400,000 miles and STILL RUNNING and being sold on Ebay. Your transmission is likely to wear out faster than the cng dedicated engine . . . thus, don't skimp on transmission flushes.

My guess is that main thing is quality of cng fuel from public pumps . . . bad culprit to watch for is oil in the cng. This is caused by improper maintenance on older public cng pumps and oil is getting past rings in compressor and doesn't have proper high pressure filters to extract oil. So if you're really worried about breakdown, then maybe have a spare low and high pressure cng fuel filter (ie whatever the Ford van has). Another good rule of thumb with cng vehicle is have a AAA auto club membership to give you a tow if broken down on the road.

Then the question is whether you have proper training and tools to change those filters . . you should NEVER attempt changing out these filters yourself unless ABSOLUTELY certain you know what you're doing. Steps need taken to turn off fuel supply, use up cng in high pressure lines (ie let car idle until cng gone), then have proper tools to relieve and vent any remaining pressure in cng fuel lines. All this BEFORE any work on filter is done.

Comment

Originally posted by jwhitte View Post
              ...Let me ask a question. Should I begin to assemble a parts inventory for this van? ...
              JW

Like a lot things online, the most vocal folks are going to be the ones that have problems and all the folks with E250s without any issues are likely not represented proportionally, etc... any problems and sharing how to fix them are what you'll see a LOT of, happy campers with no issues, maybe you won't see too many posts... I personally don't have any experience with systems in dedicated Ford vehicles, but my sense is that there were a lot more issues with the bi-fuel and that the dedicated fords are pretty solid...
              I can tell you that in general, the inline fuel filter(s) are worth keeping on top of (unless you use known clean, oil-less compression at home: as an example there was a LOT of oil in the Coalescing filter in my 2008 GX at the first replacement I did shortly after 18000 miles of unknown fills from the previous owner, I just changed filters again, after more than 50000 miles more of mostly FMQ2 fills and there was no visible oil; at any rate the consequences of letting in oil contribute to many posts elsewhere on the site). There's a lot of valuable info, spend some time reading up... I'm sure you'll find some good PM tips for dedicated Fords

Welcome and Good luck!
              2008 GX (extended range, trunkless version)
              Polished Metal Metallic 2012 Civic Natural Gas
              Fuelmaker FMQ-2-36 (since 2001)
              Previously owned: 2000 GX (11 years), 1995 Bi-fuel Sonoma, 2000 Bifuel Tahoe, 2000 Bi-fuel F150

Comment

2001 F-150

Fuelmaker c3

Comment

2009 Honda Civic GX
                  2001 Ford F150 (7700 pkg)
                  1998 Ford E250
                  all dedicated CNG /

Comment

Originally posted by Highmarker View Post
                    Which NGV make do you drive?

If you own more than one NGV, then only mark the one you drive the most. This is a multiple choice poll. Example, if you mark that you own a Honda Civic GX (Natural Gas now), then also mark that you drive dedicated. If you mark that you own a Chevy, Ford, or Dodge, then also mark if it is dedicated or bi-fuel.
                    2002 Ford E350 Dedicated

Comment

2004 Ford F150 (7700 pkg) BiFuel

Comment

We have converted a 2008 Ford Crown Victoria and a 2001 Lincoln Town Car here in Washington, D.C.- both are bi-fuel.

Comment

2001 Ford Crown Victoria. Great car and has exceeded all my expectations for a cng car.

Comment

New member here - the company I work for has provided me with CNG vehicles for many years - they are

85 Ford f-150
                            89 Ford explorer
                            98 F-150 - Put 170,000 miles on it
                            00 Crown Vic dedicated
                            03 Chevy 2500 dedicated

drove a honda and many others

Currently driving a 2010 Chevy 1500 - 63000 miles on it with less that 200 gallons of gas used

Comment

Looking at getting a 1998 Ford Crown Victoria. Reading these forums is convincing me more I should do it. Just worried about the tank expiration though...

Comment

Working...
                              X