Upgrading capacity on a 98 civic GX

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading capacity on a 98 civic GX

Does anyone have a tank or system of particular tanks that they used to increase/replace the tank in their GX? I am testing the market to scope the overall cost (if the tank requires different plumbing) to either replace or upgrade the vehicles tanks. I am not afraid to use my entire trunk either. Hope to hear back on this. Thanks for the help in advance!!

Re: Upgrading capacity on a 98 civic GX

Originally posted by eeloyd01 View Post
    Does anyone have a tank or system of particular tanks that they used to increase/replace the tank in their GX? ...
    Not sure where you're located, but Murphy at CNG motors has added a pair of used Crown Vic tanks to our 2008 GX: http://www.cngmotors.com/Hybrid_Inventory_ZF41.html. Do you know when your current tank expires?
    2008 GX (extended range, trunkless version)
    Polished Metal Metallic 2012 Civic Natural Gas
    Fuelmaker FMQ-2-36 (since 2001)
    Previously owned: 2000 GX (11 years), 1995 Bi-fuel Sonoma, 2000 Bifuel Tahoe, 2000 Bi-fuel F150

Comment

I am in Seattle. How much did you spend and what capacity did you reach for gge?

Comment

cost depends on what's available, I had Murphy put in used tanks which I believe are 2.2 GGE each for 12.4 GGE total, I believe he's done larger amounts with a single larger diameter tank. for me it was $1850 about a year ago and the picture of the install was on the website last I checked (green GX about in the middle of the pics). Cheers!
        2008 GX (extended range, trunkless version)
        Polished Metal Metallic 2012 Civic Natural Gas
        Fuelmaker FMQ-2-36 (since 2001)
        Previously owned: 2000 GX (11 years), 1995 Bi-fuel Sonoma, 2000 Bifuel Tahoe, 2000 Bi-fuel F150

Comment

Working...
        X