Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone deal directly with Koshi, feedback needed.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone deal directly with Koshi, feedback needed.

Hi All,
    Has anyone made personnel purchases with Kohsi directly from Buenos Aires in regards to their CNG tanks?

Individual Rep from the company is Emmanuel Fernandez.

Re: Anyone deal directly with Koshi, feedback needed.

Never heard of them, where did you find their info? I can't find it anywhere.

Comment

Are these vehicle tanks? If so, they most likely won't be NFPA-52 certified for use in the US.... Therefore illegal.
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_4586_1441434431016_578[/ATTACH]

Comment

There are a couple of tanks from Argentina which have passed FMVSS 303/304 testing (note that these Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards carries the weight of federal law while NFPA-52 is a guideline -- and law in some states). One legit Argentime supplier is in Malibu, CA and the other in Salt Lake City. Can't remember the names, however.

Comment

Using Kioshi cylinder for vehicle application. Certified to NGV2:2000 and FMVSS-304. Good experience to date.

Comment

Is it a lot cheaper to buy CNG tanks out of the country?

Comment

I have seen these Kioshi cylinders. They are D.O.T. certified. They have to pass industry standards to meet D.O.T. requirements. Nothing illegal about them. Any tank manufactured after 2007 I believe, also has a expiration of 20 years from the manufactured date. They are a very affordable alternative to type IV composite tanks which are usually lighter, but more expensive.

Comment

CNG Solutions and American CNG both sell Kioshi......

Comment

The tank expiration date will always be on the as per 49 CFR 571.304

Larrycng

Comment

Another Argentina tank showed up on eBay. Are they using 3600 psi as in this country, I wonder? Perhaps there is an obvious detail an informed buyer would know as to whether the tank can be used in this country. I've never seen the Federal Transportation Agency logo on a tank . .

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CNG-Fuel-Tan...8AAOSw44BYl6gM

Comment

It's marked 3600 PSI and DOT FMVSS-304. Are you saying that using the "Federal Transportation Agency logo" makes it suspect, somehow?

Comment

The tank is labeled both FMVSS-304 (so its legal to use here) and also NGV2 (so it has passed additional testing requirements above and beyond FMVSS requirements). My only concern with the tank, and all used tanks for that matter, is that it be throughly inspected for damage. There is no cover over the tank so it could have been subjected to impacts (might have been removed to take the photo, however). Its a type 1 steel tank which, generally speaking, are going to withstand impacts better than a composite type 3 or 4 tank.

One thing I don't like about the Kiyoshi tanks is that they have no neck. The valve screws right into the tank wall, which to me seems like an engineering weakness for the structure. But if they passed all of the NGV2 destructive tests then it is going to be a solid pressure vessel...

Comment

Tourist Trolley in an eBay auction has Koshi replacement tanks good until 2032. Seem to display proper USA federal compliance labels:

https://www.govdeals.com/index.cfm?f...07&acctid=4772

CNG_Koshi_tank2.png CNG_Koshi_tank1.png

Comment

Working...
                          X