VW to unveil single-seat electric car

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VW to unveil single-seat electric car

VW to unveil single-seat electric car...do any of you HOV mavens know whether or not the "single seat" status will allow this car to cruise the HOV even after all the "clean fuel exemptions" run out and we go to a "pay to play" model ?

I seem to recall that even when all the different fuel groups are kicked out of the HOV (solo mode) that motorcycles or other single seat vehicles will still be eligible for solo access. Maybe this VW will qualify ?

Re: VW to unveil single-seat electric car

no answer to your HOV question, unless of course the VW has three wheels, then the answer is yes, it would be HOV legal (three wheels is technically a motorcycle in CA, and therefore HOV legal).

However, if you want you can buy one today! Used of course, but the Corbin Sparrow was made about 10 years ago. A used one upgraded with current LiFePO4 batteries and a new 1k controller would be quite quick, get you upwards of 100 miles, and be HOV legal.

Comment

Originally posted by here for the HOV lane View Post
      no answer to your HOV question, unless of course the VW has three wheels, then the answer is yes, it would be HOV legal (three wheels is technically a motorcycle in CA, and therefore HOV legal).
      I remember VW shown a 2-seater reverse-trike some years ago, but it wasn't electric-driven.

Comment

Originally posted by cripple_rooster View Post
        I remember VW shown a 2-seater reverse-trike some years ago, but it wasn't electric-driven.
        That looked like it would have been a lot of fun!

Comment

Working...
        X