Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Group Question-What is the max range on your CNG vehicle?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 2010 GX is similar in range.
    Sold GX

Comment

• Got about 15000 miles on the conversion and no issues everything working just fine Used a Brain 4 kit from grimhall upfitters formerly Energy water soloutionsout of utah .
      Very satisfied to date

Comment

• I get anywhere from 280 to 320 max in my 2000 Crown Vic with extended range 3600 psi tanks. I drive mostly a suburban mix of city and freeway miles. 320 is definitely pushing it and gets my anxiety level up. I have never run it dry so I don't know how much "leeway" there is on the fuel gage.

Comment

• I always wondered how accurate my fuel gauge is. Today I found out. When it says empty, it IS empty.

Comment

• Originally posted by next2pool View Post
            I always wondered how accurate my fuel gauge is. Today I found out. When it says empty, it IS empty.
            So how many miles did you cover before the towtruck picked you up?

Karl

Comment

• I only had about 250 which is well below what I have reached before. Maybe I had a poor fill or a leak. I'll be watching it closely now !

Comment

• Check to see if your low fuel light is working...it should illuminate yellow when the key is in the "ON" (no start) position - upper left-hand corner of speedometer housing. It could be that your bulb is shot. On mine, it'll come on when the gauge is close to E. I've driven mine 35 miles after the light came on...I can't believe I made it without running out. I went 359 miles on that tank.

Comment

• The light was definitely on when I got in it at the house, but not on when I last drove it 4 or 5 days before. It's a bad feeling knowing you have no choice but to give it a run !

Comment

• You could have a slight leak on one of the tank cylinder Orings. I've owned two of these CV's, and both had leaking Orings on the twin-paks underneath the car. Both, in fact, were the bottom cylinder. Not sure if you have a gas sniffer, but you might check around the bottom tank where the cover is opened to the ground, I think on the driver's side.

Comment

• I recently did a trip from Montana to Gig Harbor WA. Even though There is no CNG stations here I do fill from my house, well not exactly fill, compressor only goes to 3,000 psi. so I am not able to do a fill to empty test from the house. However in Auburn WA. on the return trip I filled to 3600 psi and checked mileage until exhausted. My 04 Cavalier did 214.5 miles on aprox. 5.5 GGE. This was first time checking gas mileage at basically highway driving. In the past when I lived in WA. and did a fill up, best I ever got was 168 miles out of a tank (3600 psi) Would be interesting to hear from other Cav owners if they experience any highway mileage like this? Thanks All

Comment

• Almost 400 miles from my 2012 civic natural gas

Hopefully I will get a new 2018 chevy 2500 from PSI, just waiting on carb certs and hope for a 15+gge underbody and 30+gge in bed 26x60 tank, together hope i could get 500+ miles per fill
                        Attached Files

Comment

• It'll vary based on which of my trucks I'm driving and if I'm hauling or not. On my 02 F150 I average 160 miles on my ~11gge tank and on my 13 F250 Ive got a range of ~400 since it's dedicated and has 20gge tank and one 10gge tank underneath.

Comment

• 2008 Civic GX

6.3 gge
                            Regular fills give me about 200 miles on average
                            If I get a MAX fill, I can go 235 - 240.
                            Flat track round trip to work only. 5 miles of street, 32 miles of freeway. Rarely drive on weekends.
                            Pass 4 stations on trip.

Comment

• On my recent out-of-state 1265 mile trip from Eugene OR to San Jose CA - crossing 4250 ft Siskiyou Summit - my 2008 Civic GX used 30gge for an average fuel economy of 42mpg. Less than $75 for two to make the trip. Car was driven 11 hours straight both ways.

Comment

• On my Honda 2011 GX I could get about 220 miles on mostly highway and some city roads - I once got 275 miles on pure highway alone going from the SF Bay
                                Area to Palm Springs.

Comment

Working...
                                X