nat gas stocks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nat gas stocks

Any thoughts on Nat gas stocks, what are some good nat gas plays in the market and where is the market going

Re: nat gas stocks

There are LOTS of different ways to play Nat Gas.

First, you can trade the commodity w/o being a futures trader by buying UNG. This is a stock that tracks the price of the commodity itself. Of course, with the recent pull back in energy prices, this isn't a really bullish looking stock right now.

Many stocks are going to follow that price pretty closely, so many of the stocks are bearish right now. If you like to bottom fish and average down then I guess they could be considered buys right now. There are more of these stocks then you can imagine, I try to stick with liquidity so you could check out CHK, CEG, GSX if you want a really cheap one, or HK (confirmed 955 billion cubic feet of nat gas still in their ground) just to name a few.

CLNE is getting a lot of attention lately and the stock is thru the roof but needs a pull back before a buy should be considered.

And my favorite for a while now has been FSYS. These guys make conversion equipment and have been doing awesome and will continue to do well as interest in NGVs continues to grow.

Now, if you want to be really forward thinking, check out HYHY. These guys will do well as we move more towards hydrogen cars. It trades on the pink sheets so who knows if they will still be in business next week but their doors are open today ...

I've attached some charts for those interested.
    Attached Files

Comment

Re: nat gas stocks

CLNE (Clean Energy), CHK (Chesapeake), FSYS (Fuel System Solutions), WPRT (Westport Innovations - gaseous fuel engineering partner of Cummins)

That should cover it.

Comment

Did anyone triple their money with Westport (WPRT) stock going from $.83 to $2.40 in the last 4 months? I had an in-law who claimed penny stocks were the fast lane to wealth, but I am unfamiliar with stock trading.

Comment

Shares of Westport (WPRT) have climbed above $3 after dipping below $1 in March this year. But Clean Energy Fuels (CLNE) set a new low last week, trading below $2. And Chesapeake has lost half its value over this year with a steady decline to around $4.

Comment

Working...
          X