Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Converting from CNG to Gasoline

Hi All,
    I have a 1996 ford e 250 cargo van that I have had since 2006, with 40k miles. I love the damn thing.. But I live in an area where cng is not supported and I am tired of dealing with fuelmaker. I would like to convert the van from CNG or sell it. Are there any resources that you can help out with for converting to gasoline?
    Your feedback would be appreciated..
    jasonstrawwoodworker @ gmail dot com

Jason,
    Do yo live in Florida?

Comment

Jason,

Conversion of a dedicated CNG vehicle to Gasoline is really not a viable option unless you have a donor gasoline vehicle and the folks who have claimed its possible never talk about actually doing it or provide evidence of the modification working. Some of the parts you would need; Gasoline ECU, gas fuel lines & mounting hardware, gas fuel injectors, fuel pump and gas tank & mounting hardware and there would be rewiring and fuel plumbing.- not economically viable in my opinion.

I'd either sell the vehicle and buy a gasoline one or get the fuelmaker fixed. Older fuelmakers can have electrical issues even if there is a new or rebuilt compressor in it., usually not hard to fix for someone who understands the electronics but very frustrating if not familiar. If you have the Phill - probably not worth fixing. If the fuelmaker is not viable - sell it. My opinion.

Comment

I was having a bunch of old ball problems with my fuel maker, I found that shutting off the power between fills solved them.

Comment

odd ball problems

Comment

it seems to me I would slap a 425 impco mixer in the intake air and mount a propane tank as it is ez to get propane anywhere and a spdt switch to turn the propane solenoid or the cng solenoid on that way one could burn cng when available and propane the rest of the time and a heck of a lot easier

Comment

Working...
            X