Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phill Purchase Advice

Hello all,
    I may have a chance to buy a Phill (the 220v version) with 10000 hours for $1000. The unit just had a "level 3 service" by jaycox that included gas air sensor, airflow switch and oring kit. With my driving, it would take a little over a year to pay for itself with the $1 gas price difference. I'm a little concerned about the possible issues that may arise with possible mechanical problems.

What is your advice to me?
    Thank you!

Biggest concern is the hours on the compressor module. Was the CPU replaced? New or rebuild? New CPUs will likely last 5000 to 7500 hours.
    The $1000 price tag suggests to me that the CPU has not been replaced recently.

Comment

If you can do and outside install and fuel setup., an fmq will be a better pick even if it costs more IMO.

Comment

I have a phill 220v 1.5 with 4000 hours that works fine except for a bad fill hose. You can have it for $ 1,000 plus shipping from NY, If you are to buy one having two to mix and match parts will keep you going much longer and much cheaper. I like also the fmq much better!

Comment

Thank you for the advice all.
          John, let me think about that. Is the fill hose the same on the 110v version?

Comment

I have never seen a 110v version. I would assume the hose is the same but I don't know.

Comment

The older gen 1.0 Phill hose had the breakaway near the nozzle as did older gen 1.5

When the factory moved to Italy the breakaway was moved to near the compressor with the coiled hose and nozzle as one assembly. This style eliminates having to open the case to replace the hose. More customer friendly,
              The change was made in 2010.

Comment

Okay, thank you. John, are you sure that is all that is wrong with it?

Comment

Yes, It was getting a hose leak error and the hose was leaking. I disconnected the hose and connected a metal line to a check valve , gauge and hose and its works fine. If you message me with your email address I can send you some pictures of it running while filling up my chevy 2500HD with a larger hose. (Don't try this at home) . I am running FMQs and don't have any spare parts for this Phill so I would like to get rid of it while it is working. The short hose between the breakaway and truck may be OK (did not test it) but I would assume it is NG to be on the safe side! The original owner got this with his new 2008 Honda GX. When it stopped working for him he just started going to the local CNG station. If you are going to mix and match parts make sure you know what your doing! The field service techs at the CNG station have some real bad stories of what has happened to some CNG techs working with this high pressure gas over the years!

Comment

Another thing. I have a 2003 Honda GX with 103k miles on it that I will throw in for an additional $ 200 in case you want to fly here , see the unit run and drive it home in the back seat.

Comment

My business, Honda Motorwerks of La Crosse is moving. We coexist in La Crosse with Kwik Trip, a convenience store chain with over 600 locations in Wisconsin, Minnesota and Iowa. They have installed 34 CNG refueling stations and 1 LNG refueling station. We no longer need our Fuelmaker Q2 or our Cirrus C6 or our storage trailer. I am putting together a packet of pictures and information about these 3 components and would be happy to email them to any interested party. We also have over a dozen CNG dedicated or bi-fuel vehicles for sale including Honda Civics, CHevy Silverados, Chevy Express cargo and passenger vans, Dodge and Ram pickups as well as a Ford Econoline. Feel free to contact me at chris-hybridguru@centurytel.net

Comment

Originally posted by johnm View Post
                        I have a phill 220v 1.5 with 4000 hours that works fine except for a bad fill hose. You can have it for $ 1,000 plus shipping from NY, If you are to buy one having two to mix and match parts will keep you going much longer and much cheaper. I like also the fmq much better!
                        If you do sell it and ship it , remember to re install the shipping bolts inside the chassis

Comment

... and then start a new discussion thread in our Marketplace Forum where the equipment will get more visibility.

Comment

Working...
                          X