Announcement

Collapse

Hey gang, CNGchat needs your help!

For over a decade we have enjoyed providing this little corner of the Internet for folks to discuss all things natural gas vehicles. It is the largest forum of its kind: with some 70,000 posts on over 11,000 topics. But with continued low gasoline & diesel prices and strong automaker support for electric vehicles, consumer interest in CNG has dropped considerably, and with it has visitor traffic here. As a result, Google ad revenues no longer cover hosting fees.

If you find CNGchat to be a useful resource then please consider making a modest donation to support keeping this remarkable pool of knowledge available to the alternative fuels community. Thanks!

See more
See less

CNG carpool stickers in CA no more?????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great news!!
    Purple stickers arrived on 3/2/19!
    Application was sent on 1/6/19.
    Best of luck to my fellow CA CNG folks.. hope to see you in the HOV lanes!

Comment

Sent mine in jan4 and received February 28...

Comment

I received mine last week thankfully.

Comment

Sorry that Im jumping i late, but after tons of research and reading through these blogs, I'm hoping that someone has an answer. I lost my white sticker (2008 CIvic GX). It was a great 10 yr run, but now I'm in pain without a sticker. Can you buy GX out of state and get a new sticker? I have found any GXs and I'm looking at a few cars, one in Kentucky and another in MA. Can i get a new sticker with these cars?

Comment

• gardenfairy
            gardenfairy commented
            Editing a comment
            I believe it has to be newer than 2005 but it must not have ever been registered in CA. Income has nothing to do with getting a sticker. They are issuing blue/purple stickers now. Carfax shows everywhere the car has been registered. You can also run the VIN through AAA if you are a member. Don't assume an out of state car has never been registered in CA. In my search I saw a few that had also been in CA. You should check out the DMV site just to get it all clear. Good luck. It was very tough losing carpool access.

Originally posted by gardenfairy View Post
          Ok, just mailed my form for stickers yesterday. My car got here from Kentucky a week before the paperwork. Had to drive with the regular folk this morning, but traffic was light most likely because school hasn't started back yet. So glad to have my daughter with me on the return trip which was quite heavy. I saw some poor souls with expired HOV stickers in the ugly standstill which will be me next week. Hopefully those stickers come quick. My husband is afraid to buy another car until my stickers come in the mail.
          So, you bought a GX in Kentucky, applied for a Red Sticker and got it? Was it straightforward? What year was the car and does it matter? Did your income play a role in their decision?

Comment

Originally posted by CNGBiker View Post
            Great news!!
            Purple stickers arrived on 3/2/19!
            Application was sent on 1/6/19.
            Best of luck to my fellow CA CNG folks.. hope to see you in the HOV lanes!
            which car did you end up getting??

did you get another vic?

I am looking for another hov compliant bike hauler
            Last edited by CNG F-150; 3 weeks ago.

Comment

Hey CNG F-150,

Thanks for all your suggestions in that other thread! Very helpful!

I ended up with a 2004 F-150 Heritage 7700. It was a smoking deal ($2,600 only 46k miles) so it was hard to pass up.

Although it doesnt meet all my ideal requirements and I didnt think I was a 'truck guy'.. Ive got to admit I love it so far. It makes things like hauling the bikes, surfboards and home improvement stuff so much easier that I find myself being more active and just enjoying life more.

So far I've replaced the grill with a mesh style one, painted both bumpers, valance and badges, performed the zip tie and gotts mods, replaced timing chains, guides, tensioners, plugs, cops, filters, O2 sensors, cleaned MAF and IAT. Going to paint wbeels gloss black and some new headlights next.. Then enjoy it as much as possible!

Thanks again and good luck in your search for a purple sticker vehicle!

Comment

Originally posted by CNGBiker View Post
                Hey CNG F-150,

Thanks for all your suggestions in that other thread! Very helpful!

I ended up with a 2004 F-150 Heritage 7700. It was a smoking deal ($2,600 only 46k miles) so it was hard to pass up.

Although it doesnt meet all my ideal requirements and I didnt think I was a 'truck guy'.. Ive got to admit I love it so far. It makes things like hauling the bikes, surfboards and home improvement stuff so much easier that I find myself being more active and just enjoying life more.

So far I've replaced the grill with a mesh style one, painted both bumpers, valance and badges, performed the zip tie and gotts mods, replaced timing chains, guides, tensioners, plugs, cops, filters, O2 sensors, cleaned MAF and IAT. Going to paint wbeels gloss black and some new headlights next.. Then enjoy it as much as possible!

Thanks again and good luck in your search for a purple sticker vehicle!
                that's so cool!! welcome to the F-150 club! from what I have read/heard the dedicated CNG models are good overall trucks. they are more reliable than the bi-fuel and have the potential to go a long time. My first '01 F-150 is still being driven by the guy I sold it to in 2016

I am currently still driving my '01 ex-cab, and put an STX bumper on it...but we will see if I keep it without the sticker. I am moving closer to work by next week, so I will only be on the road 2-3 days a week, so I may just be able to tolerate it.

Last edited by CNG F-150; 2 weeks ago.

Comment

Working...
                X