No announcement yet.

CNG carpool stickers in CA no more?????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last time the DMV screwed up a form 1000 on me was 2008. 5 weeks and application and uncashed check returned with a handwritten note that my " Hybrid " does not qualify. Absolutely no electronic record in their systems of the application..

At the time I got a direct , non toll free # for the DMV Directors office in Sacramento, and did get thru. I got the dmv number by calling the governors office and staying calm on the phone. My issue to them was DMV phone transfers, lack of promised call back. That the directors office took seriously.

The actual fix, CNGCHAT member captjeff had an acquaintance at a high level in the dmv at the time. Some back channel communications expedited it. No idea if Jeff still has connections.

Comment

I called both numbers yesterday on my way home. As previously mentioned, the first number had a recording stating they were experiencing a high volume of callers and suggested to call back. The second number - 976-657-6560 (it SHOULD BE 916-657-6560) I actually got a human answering the phone. We spoke briefly and he informed me that I should call the other number, but warned I would get the recording. He did also say the special operations unit handling the HOV stickers were taking “about” 8-12 weeks to process. What a fuster-cluck. Up to 12 weeks?

Comment

Ladies and Gentleman, attached are the NEW stickers received today from DMV. My (new) registration shows they were issued on January 28, 2019 - EXACTLY 4 weeks to the day from sending in my application and $22 check. I received the stickers today (02/04/2019) in Anaheim, CA. I wish everybody luck on their application process. I just wanted to give somewhat of a timeline. Also, just for confirmation, these stickers (registration) show they will expire on Jan. 01, 2023.
        Last edited by CrimsnTide; 1 week ago.

Comment

Originally posted by CrimsnTide View Post
          Ladies and Gentleman, attached are the NEW stickers received today from DMV. My (new) registration shows they were issued on January 28, 2019 - EXACTLY 4 weeks to the day from sending in my application and $22 check. I received the stickers today (02/04/2019) in Anaheim, CA. I wish everybody luck on their application process. I just wanted to give somewhat of a timeline. Also, just for confirmation, these stickers (registration) show they will expire on Jan. 01, 2023.
          Good for you. My check still hasn't been cashed and I'm over 4 weeks now. Perhaps I will call again tomorrow. I was late to work again today. My drive home was at a turtle's pace.

Comment

Thanks CrimsTide for sharing your entertaining journey with us.
            I'm thinking of selling our 2011 Civic GX. Single owner, been in UT the whole time. We get HOV access here too.

Comment

• gardenfairy
              gardenfairy commented
              Editing a comment
              My husband wants another one but is scared until my stickers actually come in the mail.

I guess I will start a complaint through the governor's office. My check hasn't cleared and that department at the DMV just disconnects after stating there are long hold times.

Comment

As someone previously mentioned, I'm sure the DMV is inundated (swamped) with applications from people waiting until after the first to get their stickers. I want to think in my feeble, narrow mind that by sending in the last week of last year, maybe beat the rush by a day - or two. I wanted to send off Christmas Eve, but my wife scared me into NOT sending it then. It sounds like we're somewhat close and was only a couple days apart by mailing off application. I'd like to think it won't be long before you receive them. And looking at my bank account, my check didn't "post" until 3 days AFTER tags were issued (per my registration).

So, with that being said, I only have to now worry about where I will gas up in the future. Not wanting to continue the debate on "Fossil Fuel" and "Renewable Energy", but as the title reads, it looks like California put another nail in our CNG coffin:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...il-fuel-plants

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKCN1Q12C9

https://www.naturalgasintel.com/arti...-in-california

Comment

.13C (.23 F) increase in ocean temperature over the last 100 years (those natural gas power plants weren't even operating for most of that period) must be what is driving political (not engineering) decision making. One is reminded of the fable Chicken Little: "The sky is falling!" is a common idiom indicating an hysterical or mistaken belief that disaster is imminent. Fable ends with the farm yard animals debating who should tell the King. California needs to drain its swamp. Nationally, this has happened and the U.S. pulled out of the Paris accords.

https://www.iucn.org/resources/issue.../ocean-warming

Comment

Okay, just got the new Purple HOV Sticker today. Yep, it took a full 30-days for the DMV to process the $22.00 check but it was worth the wait.

Comment

Anyone have any experience with determining if a car qualifies for red stickers with a car that has white decals ?

Im looking for a new Carpool eligible vehicle that doesn’t break the bank... so it’s going to be a used car... I found a car that fits the budget it has white decals but the VIN is not listed on the DMV list of vehicles issued prior to 1/1/17

how accurate is that list on the DMV I’ve tried calling and emailing to see if the vehicle in question is in fact eligible with no luck of obtaining an answer either way

Comment

Originally posted by Alexjr1967 View Post
                      Anyone have any experience with determining if a car qualifies for red stickers with a car that has white decals ?

Im looking for a new Carpool eligible vehicle that doesn’t break the bank... so it’s going to be a used car... I found a car that fits the budget it has white decals but the VIN is not listed on the DMV list of vehicles issued prior to 1/1/17

how accurate is that list on the DMV I’ve tried calling and emailing to see if the vehicle in question is in fact eligible with no luck of obtaining an answer either way
                      Each set of 3 white stickers ( one small for rear, and 2 large for rear sides ) has an ID number and a registration card issued that identifies the current vehicle owner, the sticker number , vin number, and lic plate number. this is separate from the vehicle registration card. The HOV sticker card must also be carried in the car., and the stickers must be transferred to the new owner when the vehicle changes owners.

Git the ID # off the stickers, the 3 should match and go to your local dmv in person. The clerks can check the info, but cannot issue new stickers at the local office. If the stickers have different numbers or the car does not have 3 , that is something to look into. People sometimes got a set of stickers and sold single stickers illegally.

Unless you have an inside contact at DMV HQ, in Sacramento, there is virtually no way to have a dialog with the S.P.U. ( Special Processing Unit ) it's like they operate in a Top Secret area in the Pentagon. You may find even the Manager of your local DMV cant get info from them., I'm not kidding.
                      Last edited by Lakewood90712; 1 day ago.

Comment

Working...
                      X