Announcement

Collapse

Hey gang, CNGchat needs your help!

For over a decade we have enjoyed providing this little corner of the Internet for folks to discuss all things natural gas vehicles. It is the largest forum of its kind: with some 70,000 posts on over 11,000 topics. But with continued low gasoline & diesel prices and strong automaker support for electric vehicles, consumer interest in CNG has dropped considerably, and with it has visitor traffic here. As a result, Google ad revenues no longer cover hosting fees.

If you find CNGchat to be a useful resource then please consider making a modest donation to support keeping this remarkable pool of knowledge available to the alternative fuels community. Thanks!

See more
See less

Online station map tool discussion: CNGprices, CNGnow, etc.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Online station map tool discussion: CNGprices, CNGnow, etc.

CNGnow.com has the best pump price map. Far as I know it updates whenever a user inputs information... no lagging.

Re: Why the huge price hike?

Originally posted by Skipper View Post
    CNGnow.com has the best pump price map. Far as I know it updates whenever a user inputs information... no lagging.
    however it updates location very slowly comparing to cngprices.com. I used Clean N’ Green Fuel 1450 Country Club Drive Jackson, MS 39209 1.800.950.3835 four months ago and Flying J , store # 645 1310 East Chain of Rocks Pontoon Beach, IL 62040 618-931-1580 three weeks ago. Try to find those stations on cngnow.com

Comment

good to know... I have noticed the CNGnow website is not updated very often... maybe their funding is running low?

Comment

I've noticed that a station in Bemidji, MN disappeared from the cngprices site but is on the cngnow site.

It is to far and remote into the northland few will drive there. Owned by Shared Medical which has economy cars but the fleet logs 1,000,000 a year and that is a good location for them. However CNG is closing the gap to the area. Its tough when there are more bears on the roads than cars in that area.

Anyway, I've been looking at the maps for comments and ratings. None shown. I get within 70 miles of it occasionally so someday I may make the trip just to see it.

Comment

I do not understand vote system to add new station to cngnow. I reported Clean N’ Green Fuel 1450 Country Club Drive Jackson, MS just after completing my trip 4 mo ago (visited station 2 on the way to FL and back) and still not enough votes to get it published. I am registered on on cngnow with high score and still not much trust. It is very likely that Bemidji, MN location was already closed when got enough votes to get published on cngnow. Like cngprices because new stations are listed very fast and I do not worry too much that prices not updated so fast because in many location I am just happy that I can get cng.

Comment

Originally posted by Amfuel View Post
            I've noticed that a station in Bemidji, MN disappeared from the cngprices site but is on the cngnow site.

It is to far and remote into the northland few will drive there. Owned by Shared Medical which has economy cars but the fleet logs 1,000,000 a year and that is a good location for them. However CNG is closing the gap to the area. Its tough when there are more bears on the roads than cars in that area.

Anyway, I've been looking at the maps for comments and ratings. None shown. I get within 70 miles of it occasionally so someday I may make the trip just to see it.
            It is in the Industrial Park. I have talked to the manager at Shared Medical and stopped by to look the equipment over (haven't adopted CNG yet). Some other businesses are utilizing the station as well. I drive about 700 miles a week but the station is out of my way for my commute route. Currently the pay back for CNG is out too far for me.

Comment

The Alternative Fuels Data Center (AFDC) Station Locator has undergone a major makeover. Public stations are still displayed on a map. Private and planned stations are now given in a data download. Map a Route is a new feature that shows specified fuel types available along a route between two locations:

https://ngtnews.com/doe-revamps-alte...News+Headlines

Comment

proliferation of EV charging sites cover up just about every other fueling source dot on the zoomed-out view of North America (except LPG in Saskatchewan and Alberta):

https://afdc.energy.gov/stations#/fi...sl_AFDCRotator

Comment

Working...
                X