Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toyota Camry <CNG> cylinder replacement possibly coming soon!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toyota Camry <CNG> cylinder replacement possibly coming soon!

Hello guys! Its been years since i have been here but I am back with hopefully good news.

SCI the OEM company who built the cylinders for the Toyota Camry is putting together a package deal for Japan on replacement cylinders for the Camrys in Japan. I have been offered the opportunity of adding a very small amount of cylinders to the Japan run of cylinders. So if anyone is interested speak up, I will be getting back with them at the end of the month as the rep will be in Japan until then sealing the deal. For now I just need a headcount of who has an interest. I will then get back with them and see how many people we have and check on the group purchase price. If approved by SCI we can proceed with deposits and get the orders taken.
    I am very excited about this because I am NOT going to stop driving my Camry, in fact I am looking to buy another one!
    Mario
    Mario
    AAA CNG SYSTEMS
    CSA Certified CNG Cylinder & Fuel System Inspector

Re: Toyota Camry &lt;CNG&gt; cylinder replacement possibly coming soon!

That's great to hear that Toyota is being pro-active in dealing with expiring cng tanks in limited run of cng Camry's here in USA. . . think it was from 1999 to 2001.

Questions: 1) Does Japan have ongoing production of cng Camry's after they quit here in USA . . was it 2001??
    2) If question #1 above is yes, can USA put pressure on Toyota to re-introduce cng Camry in USA??

Comment

1) Not sure, 2) I will take what I can get, a new same size or larger <CNG> Cylinder that fits in my camry
      Pressure on Toyota? lol
      Mario
      AAA CNG SYSTEMS
      CSA Certified CNG Cylinder & Fuel System Inspector

Comment

Put me down for one, cost being the factor of course. I still have 4 years left on my tank and if we get these now I lose four years letting it sit till I need to replace it.
        Michael Williams
        2001 Toyota Camry

Comment

I'll have an 01 for sale soon.

Comment

I am interested.

Comment

I'm very intrested. Please keep me informed.
              BiggJohn
              -------------------
              2000 CNG Camry
              VRA Wannabe

Comment

I'm interested too. Please keep me informed.

Comment

I am also interested.

Comment

Hi Mario,

I would like to order one also. Is it too late now?

Comment

Any updates on this? I may be interested.
                      -------------
                      moore101
                      2000 Toyota Camry CNG
                      FuelMaker Phill v1.0

Comment

Hey Mario,

Any update on the replacement Camry tanks from SCI? Any info on pricing or delivery?
                        BiggJohn
                        -------------------
                        2000 CNG Camry
                        VRA Wannabe

Comment

has any one started a group for the greater SLC area for getting tanks and install work done at a bulk rate?

Comment

Looks like my Camry tanks are going to explode in 12 days. One could argue that the appropriate standard could be better based on total miles as that would relate more to the number of fills in 15 years, but the label says stop using it. My Camry has 105000 miles and this is equivalent to about nine years at 12000 miles per year and I don't think the tank is going to explode. My mechanic has heard the same stories about the bulk order of tanks that would work for the Camry, but so far has not been able to acquire them for me. Any good news from anyone regarding new tanks?

Thanks,

Tom

Comment

what is the diameter and length of the tank and what kind of valve and thread on said valve

Comment

Working...
                              X