lng can I

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lng can I

need some advice here I have found some dewars that are 400 gallon they were built for nitregen and oxygen they are rated at 50 psi wp they would fit on the back of my trucks behind the cab can I safely use these for lng as this would make it to where it is not a fight to keep my trucks from running out of gas these are fine units never used do they have to be recertfied to use I have all most no knowlege of these tanks and lng so if someone can point me in the right direction thanx

Re: lng can I

You might have a look at this article http://www.usbcd.com/html/Chemical%2...414/11087.html

Comment

well reading that it looks doable now next question how cold and what pressure will it take to convert cng to lng and can I cool it more before I put it in storage so it will take longer to gather heat and start to vent or is it a deal that once it is lng there is no more heat to remove and lakewood you read alot to have known where that was

Comment

I haven't worked in a refinery in over 25 years , but as I remember , the equipment to liquify propane was 3 or 4 stage "cascade" refrigeration with the refrigerant and product ( propane ) being the same as it went thru the system. Not a big deal to the chemical engineers with $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ industrial process equipment and round the clock attended operation. I don't think it could be done on a small scale for your well , without some mechanical equipment miracle process breakthru.

For LNG , you would have to get the gas down below -260F. It is easier to do with propane, as the boiling point is a lot higher.

Franz is prob. the only one on this site that has actually worked with LNG to power trucks.
        Last edited by Lakewood90712; 12-27-2010, 02:06 PM. Reason: added content , moved thread to other ng vehicles

Comment

LNG tank pressure reliefs are set around 200 to 225 psi (can't remember exactly) The Dewars usually have a work pressure of around 150 to 170 psi.

Larrycng

Comment

I have been studying on this the colder you run the system the lower the head presssure some dewars are run at sea level and just the boil off keeps the rest cold I sure am learning alot that I may never use but if I get it up and running on a small scale it sure could be sold to every trucking co around with the fuel consumtion of a big truck I dont think I would lose a lot to boil off but I dont think it would be worth a damm for local use in cars or small trucks

Comment

it looks like I might have to run a belt driven compresser just to raise the psi higher pressure in a secendary tank as a vapor so the injectors will have the right pressure how have others got past this as I dont want to starve under load or i could with a mixer type system I guess as they work in a negative psi

Comment

"I don't think it could be done on a small scale" . . . is this small enough scale - 1 liter/hr LNG at home:

(short version - 5 min)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swBUxB66x3I

(full length - 45min)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czzOu3g1vJI

Comment

Working...
                X