Volkswagen!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volkswagen!

I didn't know these bi-fuels existed.... hows come we don't get these?

The Caddy Maxi EcoFuel's larger gas tanks offer a range of 350 miles, plus 80 miles from the petrol tank - making a total of 430 miles.

http://www.volkswagen-vans.co.uk/caddy-maxi/ecofuel/
    2002 Cavalier
    2003 Cavalier
    2004 Cavalier

Re: Volkswagen!

It is because we only have 1% of the NGV market in the world. But this needs to change.

http://www.iangv.org/tools-resources/statistics.html

Bob
    Bob Baldwin
    2009 Ford Focus Bi-Fuel
    2000 Ford F-150 Bi-Fuel

Comment

Bummer! Let's change that! Those look like sweet vehicles.
      2002 Cavalier
      2003 Cavalier
      2004 Cavalier

Comment

It is going to change...
        Bob Baldwin
        2009 Ford Focus Bi-Fuel
        2000 Ford F-150 Bi-Fuel

Comment

At work I used to drive a VW Touran on natural gas. They also have a Passat on NG. And the larger Transporter Van.
          I very much like the Opel (GM!!) Zafira. They have 2 engines on NG. The new TSi turbo engine is really fantastic: powerfull and efficient. I hope we will see this same engine appear in more Opel models in 2010. I don't think Vauxhall offers them in the UK, so I have no english link for that car.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerben View Post
            At work I used to drive a VW Touran on natural gas. They also have a Passat on NG. And the larger Transporter Van.
            I very much like the Opel (GM!!) Zafira. They have 2 engines on NG. The new TSi turbo engine is really fantastic: powerfull and efficient. I hope we will see this same engine appear in more Opel models in 2010. I don't think Vauxhall offers them in the UK, so I have no english link for that car.
            I think I'm envious....
            2002 Cavalier
            2003 Cavalier
            2004 Cavalier

Comment

Hello I have been doing VW CNG convertions for a few years and I must say when done they are great. I now this site is all about OEM but we have all the gas we need in the USA . My CNGVW cars will pass any EPA test. I am getting 40 MPG to CNG with the only 1.8 L VW turbo ever done in the USA. They are BI-FUEL to boot.
              Bob M

Comment

Have you considered doing the R@D to get your upfit EPA approved, sounds like it would be a great addition to the available vehicles. What storage capacity are you able to get

Comment

There we go, now have innovator on East coast who loves cng and realizes that VW soon will be coming to USA with their own OEM cng versions, so why not get ahead in the game!!

I concur, get the "411" from John Mitton in Utah on what all it takes to become "EPA certified" cng conversion as they've done all that with Natural Drive Impala. Would love to see bi-fuel VW's . . . ALL ACROSS THE USA !! Maybe even VW will begin to build small public cng refueling ability at each of their dealerships . . . now that would be true innovation!!

Go for it Bob . . . . lots of people here on CNGChat would love another bi-fuel vehicle option that VW could provide. You could quickly become VERY busy converting thousands of VW's !!

Comment

Hello I would like to try that this year . I am looking for some help on that end of it. I have found over the last two years people here in the North East
                    know nothing of CNG. They love the car when they see it and too drive it they all was WOW it drives like a really fast turbo car.

Bob Mnn

Comment

The Caddy is already a Golf/Rabbit-based MPV, just like the Touran. BTW when VW released the Routan in the U.S. instead of one of their own minivan designs I got surprized, I still believe a Touran would be a good option due to its less "commercial-rated" trim, and since their platform is the same it wouldn't be hard to fit the Touran with the CNG setup.

Comment

pretty nice car

Comment

Is it just avaliable for some european markets? Could be a good option in Singapore and China. There are already some chinese provinces restricting the registration of certain vehicles allowing only CNG or LPG-powered ones.

Comment

Hello CNGvw,

I am just now looking into a CNG conversion for a 2.0 MK4. I picked up a 2002 Jetta with 60k on the engine. I have been working with University faculty and I have access to a H2 electrolysis fueling station. Ideally, I would like to make a system capable of running H2, but dedicated to CNG. If you would be so kind as to point me in a direction to get started I would be very appreciative. Thanks, Jay 406-529-8417

Comment

I think you will need two fuel systems or at least two fuel maps the next thing is storage h2 is stored at pressures that make cng tanks look like a balloon cng 3600 and h2 as high 10000 psi I have very little knowledge of h2 systems just looking at them at shows so take this with a grain of salt good luck

Comment

Working...
                              X