diesel - CNG

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: diesel - CNG

Our kit is completely different than Deluca's and of our own design, we have controls and safety cut offs built in. With dual-fuel CNG/diesel, there is a real potential and danger of cooking the piston and turbo With our kit that is not possible, again because of the safety and controls built in. There's nothing wrong with the regs that Deluca uses we just chose to use different ones. And when we are ready to come to market with our kit our installation and setup is very different. As far as I know Deluca has not filed for an EPA cert. His intentions may still be off-road use only, our intentions are for on-road use.
    Last edited by CNG MOTORS; 11-17-2008, 09:39 PM.
    sigpichttp://WWW.CNGMOTORS.COM
    SAVE TIME. SAVE MONEY. SAVE THE ENVIRONMENT.

2003 Hummer H2 bi-fuel
    2000 GMC Yukon XL bi-fuel
    1999 International 4700 dual-fuel
    2007 Chevy Avalanche bi-fuel

FMQ2-36 Fuelmaker w/ 24 GGE cascade

Comment

What happened to my post on this topic? I gave another answer for the most popular question on this thread, and it seems to have been deleted. What gives?

Comment

Originally posted by pb4ugo View Post
        What happened to my post on this topic? I gave another answer for the most popular question on this thread, and it seems to have been deleted. What gives?
        It was deleted by forum staff for linking to an illegal product.
        http://cngchat.com/index.php?pid=9#furtheringillegal

Comment

And what of all the other links in this thread to kits of questionable legality? The PDI kit is every bit as legal as the Deluca kit. What about post #2, or 8?

Comment

Pb4ugo,
            Done and done. Thanks for the heads up.
            Your Friendly Nazi Squirrel Administrator

Comment

• CNG on Diesel Volume question

Wishing everyone in the Forum a Very Happy New Year!

I would like to get some help figuring out the amount (VOLUME) of CNG that I need to supply into the air intake of a bigger size (18 wheelers and Busses) engines in order to save some Diesel. I want to stay on the conservative side of the border, for instance, 35% of savings sounds great. I have a ways to manage the fluctuation of this volume, meaning I have already figured out how to change the flow according to engine's needs, but I still need to find a starting point so I can get the proper size valve.

Any information on this regard, will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

peloflex

Comment

You base it on where you want to be. If the truck currently gets 6 mpg, that would be 140,000 btus/gal of #2 /6 which would be 23,333 btu/mi. If you want to substitute 1/3, then that would be 7777 btu/mi. At 60 mph, that would be 7777*60= 466,600 btu/hr. Divide that by 125,000 btu/GGE and you have 3.75 GGE/hr or 466 cu ft/hr. I have my system on an over the road semi that took it from 5.75 to 10.2 mpg on #2. It averages around 42% cng.
                '04 Silverado Duramax w/cng injection system
                '95 Suburban 4BT Cummins w/cng injection
                '05 Jeep Liberty diesel w/cng injection
                '91 V3500 454 LP gas
                '72 Impala LP gas

Comment

Dear Mr Deluca,

Thank you very much for this very valuable information. I plan on developing a system that I would like to introduce in my country in the near future, which at this point has still a virgin market with HUGE potential. If you would be interested in participating on such implementation, please feel free to email me at this address peloflex@gmail.com
                  Best Regards,

peloflex

Comment

I read an article today about a university researching dual fuel gasoline / diesel. http://www.news.wisc.edu/16945
                    Gasoline / diesel operation is of course more expensive than CNG / diesel dual fuel, but CNG encounters 2 problems: vehicle range and availability of refueling infrastructure. Add to that the added cost for conversion and you will understand why CNG / diesel hasn't been a big success.
                    The article mentioned the low emissions and new EPA standards comming up in 2010. That made me think.

A new reality is approaching in the US and is already here in Europe: very strict fuel standards force truckers to use catalysts with urea (adblue) to reduce emissions. The added cost make dual fuel engines with their lower emissions seem a lot more viable. An interesting twist is that emission requirements can be met without adding as much CNG as technically possible. Only a small amount of CNG seems sufficient to achieve most of the emission benefits. That could make CNG co-combustion a viable alternative to post-combustion cleaning. Range and refueling issues are a lot less of a problem when using only about 5% CNG. (Ofcourse normal dual fuel operation or (emergency) 100% diesel operation can be achieved with the same vehicle.)

Comment

You might take a look at TGI's GFD Dual - Fuel system for diesels

Comment

Originally posted by mohammond View Post
                        Murphy,

I'm glad you're pursuing the Diesel bifuel path. Are you aware of any providers of Diesel bifuel with a proven track record? I keep coming up with companies who are in proof of concept phase. But the technology seems to have been around for a long time, and has even been used in the power generation industry.

And I guess a related question is who did your installation on the big truck?

Marshall Hammond
                        CNG Transport
                        Austin, TX
                        Take a look at TGI's - GFD Dual - Fuel System for diesels

Comment

Take a look at TGI's - GFD Dual - Fuel System for diesels

Comment

Thank you very much.....

Comment

• Re: Biodiesel

Originally posted by jetboatjohnny View Post
                              To run an engine on veggie oil you do need a conversion, and you still need diesel to start it.

Comment

Originally posted by larrycng View Post
                                Bio-diesel is good in many ways. what I like is the better lubricity. Also, Bio-diesel over 20% will have an increase in NOx emissions. Its also a good detergent.
                                Biodiesel can already turn up the NOx emissions but these are already compensated with the feedstock growing in the field and recovering it to the soil. Some biodiesel feedstocks could already be used for cultivation rotations with some plants used only for food that had a great nitrogen consumption.

Comment

Working...
                                X