diesel - CNG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: diesel - CNG

what is the best kit for the 5.7 gm throttle body, 1989 3/4 surburban 4x4, you can immagine how much gas this burns, call 414-254-2353, I service cng pumping stations in WI

Comment

what system works best on Dodge Cummings, ? Do you know anyone in midwest, I am a refuel station mech and tank inspector in WI Thanks, Bob B, CNG Logistics

Comment

Do you know anyone who is converting large diesel's to CNG. I am talking about off road equipment. Dirt working equipment and tractors and the such. I read that in Australia the mine equipment is running on CNG. Are these diesel conversions or 100% CNG engines.

Comment

The Cummins dealer here in Phoenix has swapped out some diesels to the Cummins natural gas engine.
          Emission Solutions in Texas has an EPA approved retrofit Engine available for the International DT466. Qualifies for the Federal $20,000.00 tax credit.
          Dave Clement

Comment

anyone know of a diesel conversion for the ford powerstroke

Comment

I saw a powerstroke the other day converted. not sure what kit yet.

Comment

diesel - CNG

I'm subscribing to this thread. I'm interested in a kit for my 2005 5.9 Cummins Turbo Diesel. I'm looking for a kit that will mix with the diesel to make the truck more fuel efficient. I'm not looking to be on the border line of being dangerious running the cng to squeeze every last MPG out of the truck if you know what I mean. I'm seeing 24MPG out of my truck as it is. Thanks!

Comment

AC Miller Racing of Pico Rivera Ca. was playing with both natural gas and propane and diesel for years. AC died a couple of years ago but I don't know what happend to the guys from his shop.

"How fast you want to go, How much money you got?" AC Miller

Comment

Are these kits EPA approved?
                    Lancer Automotive Group
                    3687 South 300 West
                    Salt Lake City UT 84115

801-268-8863

http://lancerautogroup.com

Visit our Facebook pages
                    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lance...68469439838785

https://www.facebook.com/alternativefuelcenter?ref=hl

Comment

Is this an EPA approved conversion and who is the manufacturer of the conversion kit?
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_4586_1441434431016_578[/ATTACH]

Comment

Re: diesel - CNG EPA Approval?

As far as I can tell The Clean Air Act is for a car or pickup that "run solely on natural gas " or a car or pick up that runs on either " run solely on natural gas alternative fuel engine conversion systemshttp://www.ngvamerica.org/pdfs/marke...ses.NGVs-a.pdf .
                        Jim Younkin
                        www.younkincng.com

Comment

Originally posted by cngmike View Post
                          AC Miller Racing of Pico Rivera Ca. was playing with both natural gas and propane and diesel for years. AC died a couple of years ago but I don't know what happend to the guys from his shop.

"How fast you want to go, How much money you got?" AC Miller

Sounds like you're talking about Ak Miller, Was lucky to have good ol bulls session about gaseous fuel about a year before he died -- neat guy.

His wife (ex wife?? ) Marilyn was selling CNG and LP mixers and regulators, use to get stuff from her. Real neat gal. She got a hold of the old casting cores from OHG (Dick Baberstock of original Impco) had some made up, CNC machined them and had them anodized. Took care of the sticking problems on mixer. Depending on which system you wanted to run (CNG or LP) you just changed the pins in the air valve mixer and used the correct regulator; X-1 for CNG or X-2 for LP. I run the LP system.

Marilyn just disappeared for the scene according to a good friend who knew Ak and Marilyn for many years -- Don Bass, one of the originals of CNG.

Larrycng

Comment

You are right AK, he and his brothers were frinds of my uncle from the Road Runners and SCCA.

Comment

I am a ford and dodge dealer in Texas. I also host a saturday morning syndicated radio show dubbed 'top gear' who on this forum is well versed in light truck diesel-CNG conversions that I could have call in the show and share with our listeners about this new technology?

my website is www.gowolfe.com take a look, click on top gear for more info

john

Comment

To LarryCNG and Youngkin and others that may have an opinion or even facts. I have got conflictng answers as to a diesel/cng conversion requiring a cert. Some facts I have to consider.

1. Bully Dog in operation for years injects propane into diesel for added power but nothing limits it to temporary injecting vs. running it full time. Bully does NOT have an EPA for this kit.
                                2. The diesel CNG kit I installed has no tie in to any emmission components of the vehicle, there or no simulators, no trickery of any sort. In fact the only electrical is a 12v toggle switch that powers the lock off. THAT IS IT!
                                3. I can choose to only us the NG when climbing hills but if I get improved MPG and emmissions why wouldn't I choose to run it full time.
                                4. The conversion was installed to the highest standards with safety in mind by trained and certified technicians. I believe Bully Dogs allows self installs.
                                5. At no time is the vehicle ever running 100% CNG. In fact while running CNG there is no manual or electrical control of the amount of diesel entering the engine. Diesel entering the engine is purely regulated by the engines need and the accelerator. Again no electronics or trickery to restrict diesel flow either.
                                Last edited by CNG MOTORS; 09-06-2008, 10:44 AM.
                                sigpichttp://WWW.CNGMOTORS.COM
                                SAVE TIME. SAVE MONEY. SAVE THE ENVIRONMENT.

2003 Hummer H2 bi-fuel
                                2000 GMC Yukon XL bi-fuel
                                1999 International 4700 dual-fuel
                                2007 Chevy Avalanche bi-fuel

FMQ2-36 Fuelmaker w/ 24 GGE cascade

Comment

Working...
                                X